1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Insha Allah] 130 Killed In Yemeni Wedding Airstrike

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

God has willed this airstrike to happen as it did.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Mr. "facts and evidence" can you describe what this has to do with religion?

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's Sunnis vs. Shiites (Islam vs. Islam). Saudis vs. Iran in a proxy war, carried out in Yemen.

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is a political struggle; "Arabs" vs "Iranis" as you mentioned. If you want to take the stance that political Islam is causing this (as you do) that's understandable.

And I definitely agree with that. I also think given the history of that province, this would be happening regardless. As far as I see it both of those things are true. Of course, immediately, the discussion at hand that might be equally relevant is how things like this (or Russia's offensives against Ukraine, etc...) by "well off" nations are allowed to go unopposed in this day and age.

Anyways, I highly doubt the op's intention was to present anything of substance. Rather, he just wanted to make a sarcastic little remark (aligned with his own dislike of Islam) that hardly made sense given the context and scope of the event being discussed.

5. Cohete Rojo

This is a dark-humored attempt at tongue-in-cheek. Within two days the Saudis have either refused to address or claim responsibility for actions that are quite clearly their responsibility. I don't know of any other air force conducting airstrikes on Houthi rebels in Yemen, other than Saudi. The Saudis will again hide behind their "defender of the holy land" title.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You should check out how many innocent people we have killed with drone strikes and ****ty intelligence.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Incredibly misleading title.

Stupid right winger gonna stupid I guess.

8. Cohete Rojo

I'm sure it's a lot, and I'm sure neither one of our presidents has given any concern to this.

Oops, my bad. 130 "Suspected Rebels" Killed In "Apparent" Yemeni Wedding "Disaster". Is that better for you?

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What the **** does it have to do with "god willing?"

Inshallah, we won't arm the Taliban again, go into more countries like Iraq illegally creating civil wars, arm more groups like ISIS, and so on and so on.

1 person likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Isn't the motivation of the Saudi and Irani government, respectively, at least partly driven by differing religious views (Sunnis vs. Shiites)? Or would you say that the real root cause of their conflict is more motivated by power and material considerations? Or a mix of all of that?

1 person likes this.
  11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm sure it's driven by money, power more than anything but yeah some of it has to do with Wahabi's hating Shias and vice-versa. Tbh, I haven't been following the conflict in Yemen much. There's so much crap going on and it's getting harder to keep up these days.

You usually don't spend a lot of money over differing religious views. That just seems like "bad business" to me.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What an a-hole thread.

13. Cohete Rojo

Fits the action of bombing a wedding and denying involvement contrary to evidence.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You're desperate now and its showing.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Happens all the time dude. ALL THE TIME. Not unique to Muslim countries. Russia, China, and even the U.S.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They died as they lived -- martyrs.

17. Cohete Rojo

This is rich - the Saudis are now criticizing the Russian's actions in Syria. Apparently the Russians didn't get that memo on bombing weddings.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I confess to laughing at this.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nah, you're just an ignorant ass. These things are nothing new, at all. Scahill reported on al-Majalah years ago. The US killed 40 civilians and tried to cover it up by imprisoning a reporter. Welcome to reality.

20. Cohete Rojo

Adults rape children all the time. No need to say anything about it.

Great logic.