1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Injury Update] Beverley and Jones out for at least a week 11/7/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 7, 2014.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Honestly, who cares what their stupid fans think.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope he won't be coming back pre-maturely. I admit though that I'm delighted to hear that Bev will be back.

3. FeaR

FeaR Member

I believe that they took their time with Bev ... He is participatng in shootarounds with the team for a few games.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That sounds great.

5. MONON

MONON Member

& that would be relevant if the NBA played shoeless. Never have understood the reason for the w/o shoes category.

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Agree.

Check this out:
    [​IMG]
    Source is from a great article: Terrence Jonese Unexpected Hero

6'-9", 6'-10"...with or without shoes? That's just one thing. Also has 7'-2 to 3" wingspan, and SF quickness. Someone said he's unskilled? He was a PG in high school before his big growth spurt, so he has Blake Griffin level of big man handles. And he hits the 3 at a high enough clip to make his 3pt fake believable. He has good block timing. He has good passing ability. Earlier this year he ran after a loose ball, and then simultaneously scooped it up and swung it behind his back for a no look fastbreak pass to Pap. Kid has skills and we need him back. It's been nice to see Pap and D-Mo get a little more comfortable on the floor though with the extra minutes.

1 person likes this.
  7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Wow. Facts are appreciated. We knew last season that he was going off like these numbers indicate, for like 20 games there, games #40-60 or so. He's been flashing for a while. This season he looked a little more consistent/less boneheaded. Too bad about this injury, which sounds like a long one. He can really do damage though. Hopefully by this year's playoffs he will be in a solid groove.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I assume that those are this season's numbers. If they were his career numbers, Morey wouldn't have to chase after Bosh in the offseason. So it's 4 games. We all know that he did very well in the first few games this season. We are holding our breath if he can sustain his performance anywhere close to that.

Few people accuse Jones of being unskilled. Most of his criticism is on his consistency and the lack of fundamentals on the defensive side, including basic things such as boxing out for defensive rebounds, rotation, etc. Maybe because he was a PG when he was young and didn't pick up the big man's habits.

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Because w/o shoes is how height is measured. I am 6'7 w/o shoes. If i just use shoes with huge heels/sole i can be a 7 footer...

Also it is pathetic that the nba does not use accurate heights for players. Why pretend players are taller than they are??

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

A month or so away from getting Jones back per Worrell, FWIW.

Yikes!

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i miss adrien

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Jones might as we'll have Paul Georged himself.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Because it is a game for big tall people, and fans want to talk about their teams 7 footer, not their teams 6'10.25 guy...
    they do also play the game with shoes on.

Either way, Jones aint small. If you take his shoes off measurement, then do the same for the rest of the NBA. But because they always measure with shoes on, lets take the appropriate height for him?

It seems fairly desperate to argue he is short when the clearly available facts show the contrary....

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The numbers were very positive for Jones last season.

But Bosh is a far superior defender, and would likely have at least the same impact on offence. We had to hide Parsons D, and so needed a legit defensive big. You take Bosh every time if available in that scenario!!

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Nerve injuries are so unpredictable....dang it we really miss Tjones.

DD

2 people like this.
  16. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

This is like the annoying Asik injury from last year, just kept going.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Asik's injury was in his head, his feelings were hurt....come on now...Asik's injury....LOL.

DD

1 person likes this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/OOrrnhW7BZX/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Another month? Wow we are going to struggle.

20. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Damn, the only positive:
    * this will finally settle the D-Mo vs. TJ debate which was never really a debate but some Lin type D-Mo fans were begging for him to get playing time to show off his talent.