1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Injury Update] Beverley and Jones out for at least a week 11/7/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 7, 2014.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It's definitely a blessing in disguise with regards to Canaan. The backup point guard position should be very solid with him returning to the bench once Bev is back.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL. Oh, ok.

3. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think I would go that far. This team would definitely be better with Jones and Beverly. However, I think it speaks volumes to the weakness of those two positions that the Rockets have two starters out and have still been playing as well as they are.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

True that.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

This is nothing new dobro, especially with the specific member you are talking about. That old man's mind only see negative things when discussing Terrence Jones. He will never agree with anyone who gives a good dialog or analogy on what T. Jones brings to this team. You show him how Jones fared against the Spurs, he disputes it. You show him how he stepped his game up when Howard was out, his counter is, " it was against scrubs".

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

jtr you are wasting your time bro. LOL Holic hates the fact that T. Jones is still on this team after he thought he wouldn't crack the rotation ever. Every year Jones has proved him wrong and it is killing him. lol

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I cannot see why. Jones is an unskilled very athletic 6-8 PF for the Rockets. With enough experience to almost hold his own on the defensive end. He is heading for a career as the ~19th best starting PF in the NBA. Given that the Rockets are salary cap limited and have two top ten players in the NBA in the starting lineup, it seems to me that Jones should be enough. Perhaps I am misguided.

8. basketballholic

I don't care if he is the 15th best in the league. It would not change the fact that his skill set does not mesh with H&H.

I wished the NBA GMs thought he was a top 10 PF because that would mean we could get more for him when we trade him this season.

Even if he is the 15th best his skill set is not what we need at the 4. Frankly I hope he convinces the other GMs he's a twould mean That

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not Jones...but if Bev is ready, then an "easy" game like Philly would be a good way to get his rhythm back. Just limit his minutes.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have missed TJones greatly...

We need those easy junkyard dog buckets, those cleanup boards and that tight handle and mismatch on the offensive end.

Can't wait to get him back out on the court.

AND HE HAS BEEN SOOOO EFFICIENT THIS YEAR! WOOOOO!

11. basketballholic

Didn't say Beverley. I said Terrence.

12. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You know Jones is almost 6'10 right?

As for unskilled..... that isnt who he is either.

Has all the tools to be a decent player. Let him develop!

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Sure would be nice to have TJ tonight.

14. i3artow i3aller

Worrell was saying Pat should be back soon, but TJ might be out for a while?! Any news on this?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He has a nerve bruise, those can linger, or go away in a day...remember when Colt McCoy got hit in the back in the national championship game? He didn't heal for like 3 months.

Nerves are strange, maybe that is why Dream always wore knee pads..

DD

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Lol jones is not nearly 6-10. Watch when he stands next to Matt Bullard.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Replaced with? Seriously you don't think having Jones might not have made a difference against GS?

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Terrence Jones is a starter for a reason. Him missing extended time will make an impact. Even if it is just one or two extra losses, that will make a difference at the end of the season in regards to seeding.

Get back soon TJ.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Lol at you.

Look up his combine measurements. Almost 6'10.

Matt Bullard is 6'10, so not sure if you are making a point? But comparing height based on how they look on tv is wildly less accurate than the combine measurements.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

We really missed the spacing he provides today.
    morons can argue he doesnt space, but stats show he does.