1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Injury Update] Beverley and Jones out for at least a week 11/7/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 7, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I cannot deny that your dude Garcia clearly does have it.

He is borderline crap in the regular season, and semi decent in the playoffs.

He was a stats padder in the FIBA games but not in the NBA

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Should be hearing something in the next day or so. Patrick made the trip to MX, so that's good. TJ didn't..

3. omgTHEpotential

At least DMo didn't play any worse than TJ (the last two games).

4. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

yeah bill said TJones didnt look good as of yesterday, so we may not see tjones for a little while longer

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

"Didn't look good"? I wonder what he meant by that. Oh well, I hope he's not out too much longer. I guess they'll be fine without him for another couple weeks until that Kings game. Looking at the schedule, the only truly tough opponents between now and then are the road game at Memphis and home against the Mavs(although playing at OKC is never a cakewalk).

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Really worried about Jones. He adds a dimension to our starting unit that no other player can replicate.

Him being out will cost us against good teams.

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

18 of 28 3pt shooting for 64% is not stat padding. That's simply fantastic shooting. Sixty. Four. Percent.

8. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

[rQUOTEr]Point guard Pat Beverley and power forward Terrence Jones were scheduled to be re-evaluated on Friday. Beverley seems closer to a return from his strained hamstring after going on the Mexico City trip and picking up the workload in his rehab of a strained left hamstring. Jones remained in Houston, out with a bruise of a nerve near his right knee.

The Rockets could not establish a timetable for Beverley's return until they saw how he would respond to the extra work put in Tuesday and Wednesday. After he came back from the injury last week only to go back out again, the Rockets will likely wait for a practice on Saturday to test his progress and then would have to weigh whether Beverley (and possibly Jones) could return to play both games in a back-to-back.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-look-to-build-on-fast-hectic-start-to-5891190.php?cmpid=twitter-premium&t=f728f74546cba496f0
    [/rQUOTEr]

9. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I recall someone posting in the game thread yesterday that Jones would be out for quite some time (don't recall the month mentioned).
    Any have any credible timeline on when he'll be back?
    Is it time for Morey to go out and get another PF?

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Jones has a condition known as "drop-foot".

He could be out 8 weeks total. As crazy as it sounds, nerve injuries heal at different paces. None ever the same.

11. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

If it gets D-mo and Papa going and we continue to win, i don't mind if Jones takes his time coming back. I am a huge T Jones fan and he should play 28+mpg but if bench pieces like D-mo and Papa become bigger parts of the bench by playing i am all for it

12. Omer

Omer Member

Where did you get that info from?

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Kid on my basketball team growing up had it.

Couldn't play for two months. It can be pretty serious.

I am under the assumption that 8 weeks is extremely severe, but Jones has already been out 2 weeks, and Bill has stated that it didn't look good.

Hmmm. Be prepared.

14. Omer

Omer Member

Yeah was just wondering where it said Terrence Jones had that specifically but I found that online. It's an injury to the peroneal nerve which is responsible for the dorsiflexion of the foot (lifting foot towards your body). Learned about it in med school. He probably got hit real hard on the lateral aspect of his lower leg and sustained damage to the nerve? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_drop

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They were probably referring to this thread. Nothing has been reported since...

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah Jones seems like he will be out for awhile. I'm betting Bevs is back next week but it will be after our road trip I'd assume

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

The way I heard it, Jones has a peroneal nerve injury. Not all peroneal injuries involve drop foot.

18. basketballholic

Our record will not be hurt by Terrence's absence.

19. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

it's an opportunity for donuts to step up... hell, he can take Jones' starting spot by excelling... "IT'S OURS TO TAKE, SO LET'S TAKE IT!" -watt

20. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not to be confused with "drop-step", which TJ definitely does not have.