1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Injury Update] Beverley and Jones out for at least a week 11/7/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 7, 2014.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"We're gonna be without Terrence for, you know, almost the whole season. Up to this point you know, ah, his comeback date is, there's no time on that whatsoever."

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

"We're gonna be without Terrence for, you know, almost the whole season. Up to this point, you know ah, his comeback date is, there's no time on that whatsoever."

Kevin McHale, 11/24/2014

(sorry for the repost)

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Correct me if I'm wrong

Terrence Jones
    Injury: "Drop Foot" banged nerve
    Return: No Timetable

Patrick Beverley
    Injury: Strained Hamstring
    Return: No Timetable. "...suspect he'll be out longer than last
    time"-McHale. (Last time he sat 4 games, and was out 12 days)

Dwight Howard
    Injury: Strained Right Knee
    Return: No Timetable. Knicks pre-game Adrian Woj said he was a "probable go"

Isiah Canaan
    Injury: Sore Back
    Return: Still playing. Craig Ackerman said he "seemed to be fine." But Nick Johnson was called up just in case.

Tarik Black
    Injury: Jacked-up thumb.
    Return: Still playing with it heavily taped. Craig Ackerman said he "seemed to be fine"

Kostas Papanikolaou
    Injury: Sore thumb on non-shooting hand. Heard on 790 this morning.
    Return: No reports saying he is out.

Clint Capela
    Injury: Apparently still recovering from strained groin.
    Return: Playing on Vipers apparently with set limit on minutes.

#203 cdrive, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I could be wrong, but i think those posts mischaracterize what mchale said abt TJ. In the post game I heard him say we didn't know that we'd be without TJ for most of the season, up to this point. As in, we didn't come into the situation knowing he'd be out as long as he has -- not that he expects him out for most of the full season going forward.

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I just posted the transcription word for word at the top of the page.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yea I agree, tough for me to say who's better, but we need both of them back regardless.

7. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Quick question. I've watched most of the games, but I havent noticed if Tjones has been on the bench for them? I see Dwight and I remember seeing Bev when he was out, has Tjones been there?

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I agree with this. He was talking about "up to this point."

That was word for word, but you have a period where a comma should be, before the "up to this point" part. :)

McHale wasn't saying TJ would be out for almost the whole season.

9. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

T Jones is been there. I didn't see him last night but he's been in other games, well dress btw.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

How do you say "We're gonna be without Terrence for, you know, almost the whole season, up to this point"? He clearly says, "We're gonna be." You can see it as well as hear it. Oh, I know, McFailHair is so idiotic. . . .

Well, then what does this mean? "his comeback date is, there's no time on that whatsoever"?

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

As KlutchQT was saying, he was answering a scenario question. He was mumbling, but the beginning was about we didn't think we were gonna being without TJ for almost the whole season, up to this point. He was explaining that this scenario wasn't something they planned.

If you want to get into semantics, the point is that a Coach doesn't drop a bomb like that; you're misunderstanding him. And why would one sentence say matter of factly that they will be without him almost the whole season and the next sentence say there is no timetable that they don't know. That doesn't make sense. Plus, no follow up question on such a big comment, because no one else misunderstood him in context of the question.

12. JazzLakerHater

He has for the home games.

13. KlutchQT

I dvr'd his interview and just rewatched. You left out the whole first part of his statement, which makes a huge difference, imo. You also omitted an "and" that suggests the "up to this point" belongs on the tail end of "miss almost the whole season."

Media: Could you have thought coming in that with the injuries and the way you had to piece em together that at 14 games, you'd be 11-3?

McHale: Well... I mean, you know, no, you never look at everything and kinda think boy, we're gonna be without Terrance for you know, almost the whole season up to this point. And you know uh, his comeback date is, you know, there's no time on that whatsoever.

Not trying to be nitpicky and we can certainly agree to disagree, but I just didn't hear it that way, especially given his full statement.

1 person likes this.
  14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Hm, OK, maybe you're right.

Q: "Could you have thought, coming in with the injuries, and the way you've had to piece it together, that through 14 games you'd be 11-3?"

A: "Well, you know, hey. You know. Nah, I mean you never look at everything and kind of think 'Boy, you know, we're gonna be without Terrence for, you know, almost the whole season, up to this point.' And you know ah, his comeback date is, you know, there's no time on that whatsoever. . . . So it's been kind of crazy."

15. KlutchQT

FWIW though, I highly doubt we see TJ on the floor again in 2014.

1 person likes this.
  16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I guess we're just gonna freeze him, thaw him out in a few weeks, and hope his leg works.:p

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/v2HAyCG3nN/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

http://instagram.com/p/v2HAyCG3nN/

[​IMG]

#216 RV6, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  17. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

his injury is a very sensitive because it deals with nerves so u can't be too careful.

i hope the doctors don't clear him until a week after he has regained complete feeling completely or at least 48 hours.

18. delishman

delishman Member

Anyone know what he is doing there? I also interpreted McHale referencing the past not the future.

19. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets coach Kevin McHale talks about the Rockets' recent wins, and when to expect Dwight Howard &amp; Pat Beverley back <a href="http://t.co/pasevkuko9">http://t.co/pasevkuko9</a></p>&mdash; SportsTalk 790 (@SportsTalk790) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsTalk790/status/537460085023178752">November 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Underwater treadmill