1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Injury sidelines Wells again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman2000, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Barkley

Barkley Member

Agree. Right not there is nothing dramatic. Of course that situation isn't good and it isn't good that his groin tires him again, but I belive in what Jones said.

2. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Bonzi already knows the offense and what is expected of him so I don't care if he sits out the whole preseason. Just don't let it affect the games that count, and we will be fine. He probably was working out too hard and strained it this time.

It is only a big deal if it goes into the season. I am sure that he wants to be on the court for the first game so I hope he doesn't rush back too soon to cause any lingering problems.

3. Barkley

Barkley Member

Right, he knows what Adelman used to do so that won't be nothing new for him. But I hope he'll play in the preseason jut to get his confidence ans shape back

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Bonzi will be there for us this year.He had a terrible tear a couple of years ago and that takes a long time to recover from.A torn groin is painfull.and it's real sensitive to heal. Many years ago I had one at the end of high school.......We'll let's just say it's brutal.... not the kind of deal you want to even think about rushing yourself back from.Believe me your body tells you what's up...and its without a doubt clear on this one.It's a tough injury where one's career can be ruined in a worst case scenario.Add in,not following a good regimen and dealing with JVG.It was a combustible sutuation last year.
    I see Adelman and Bonzi working well together again.Wells has a contract to play for plus this team could very easily win the title if it stays healthy.

#24 Plowman, Oct 2, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  5. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Geezus people, the guy's a dog. The Rockets should just cut his ass today and get it over with. It's going to be a soap opera with him and it'd be a damn shame if a decent human being got cut from this roster just fpr the Rockets to keep coddling this loser.

If you read the quotes in the other article, Bonzi mentioned having to get over the Sacramento situation last year and how only got to play if someone got hurt. Bonzi said all he got to do was practice but yet he later says he didn't know any of the plays and was winging it when he got on the floor.

6. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

dont you know the mantra yet by the players and management...the 52 wins were the players and the 30 losses were jvg....the guys that played well was because they are good, the guys that didnt play well was due to jvg being atilla the hun. the 3 playoff wins were the players, the 4 losses were jvg's lack of adjustments.

its the ol blame the coach for everything and everyone...they did it to rudy, they did it to jvg, and if adelman doesnt win it all, they will do it to him as well. management in every business always covers their ass...and everyone here wants to believe that bonzi got screwed, so let them believe it...the season will tell the story, not the puff pieces in the papers

7. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

I agree that way too much blame went to JVG. That said, this is a forum and if the bleeding hearts have the right to boo hoo for Bonzi, I have a right to point out how stupid they are for doing so.

8. Barkley

Barkley Member

I understand your resentment about Bonzi. He was singed to help the team but he didn't. Now new training camp starts and Bonzi is still not available (now because of his injury). But let the season start and let Bonzi show what he can. I really belive he won't lose his 2nd chance and that injury will not force him to miss any games.

9. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

When I read it I WAS noooo....
    Then I figured out why the heck we expect something from BONZI??
    HE NEVER CONTRIBUTED,but we all expect something from him this season...
    And yeah,we have guy named Luther Head.

10. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

For all yall who thought Kirk Snyder would get cut...ha ha.. too much of a insurance policy just in case Bonzi head isn't right. I'm hoping Kirk improved enough over the summer to take his job.

11. Plowman

Supporting Member

Snyders provides athleticism which this team needs.

In addition his wrist injury hid how good he can really stick the three in addition to getting to the hoop and finishing.

On defense he is way underrated.

High energy guy with still some upside who unless he's dealt should be a very good rotation player.

12. Barkley

Barkley Member

That's what I'm talkin' about. Snyder=athleticism=what we need!

13. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

It's all JVG's fault. If he hadn't been such a hard-ass with the players, Bonzi would have shaped up and played :rolleyes:

14. Barkley

Barkley Member

JVG really was a "hard-ass" with players, especially Bonzi. Even Bonzi didn't want to play for him, that was the main reason. Their relationships. Now Bonzi with Adelman is like son with father

15. Plowman

Supporting Member

Heck,Snyder can even hit the boards when called on for he plays above the rim.

16. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

2nd chance my azz, Bonzi had about 10 chances last year and screwed all of them up.

17. Barkley

Barkley Member

Let the season start...And we'll see

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

did you even listen to his interview?

19. Barkley

Barkley Member

Yes i did

20. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

The way it works in life and in sports is that you don't get paid to like your boss. You get paid to do your job regardless if you like your boss or your job.

Like I said earlier, it'd be a damn shame to see another player on this roster get cut just to keep screwing around with Bonzi's worthless azz.

Even Bonzi didn't want to play for him????? Bonzi's tolerance of JVG is hardly the measuring stick here. If you said even Shane Battier didn't want to play for him, you'd be on to something.