1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Injuries... So soon? What if we lose both?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treeman, Nov 27, 1999.

1. treeman

treeman Member

Groin injuries... Sounds painful. Hopefully, in this case it's nothing.

But what if we lose both Dream AND Cato? What happens to our post game? I've heard a lot of bit*hing that playing the post game slows us down, confuses our young runners, etc, and that's all true, but what would happen if we lost our two primary post players (ie, if we only had Chuck)?

Anyone got any thoughts/predictions etc.?

(maybe we'll just have to go with the running game and settle for fast breaks and slashing cuts from Shandon, Cat, and Stevie Wonder... But what will that do to our rebounding game???)

Thoughts?

2. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

When was Cato injured?

3. treeman

treeman Member

Didn't he get a late-game injury? I dunno, not sure. Point is, we should expect Kelvin to be able to play center (he's our best option), and what are we going to do if he does get injured? Carlos can only do so much, and he's no center...

Thought he got a groin injury. Hope he doesn't...

4. Well the Rox do have a guy who played center all year last year and averaged something like 12 pts and 9 boards.

TMass has a very well rounded game, and I love the enthusiasm he brings on the court.

5. treeman

treeman Member

this would be a perfect time for Tony to get his minutes.

I think he can do it; he's strong, aggressive, accurate...

If TMass wants to stay, now's the reason he should convince...

6. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

I thught I heard on the radio that TMass was already out with a groin pull, that's why we didn't see him last night.

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Cato seemed to have an ankle twisted toward's the end of the game.It didn't look serious enough to cause much of a problem in term's of playing time.

Tmass does have a groin pull.

8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Cato stepped on someone's foot, so I don't expect that to slow him down Monday night. He is gonna be the main man in the middle for a while, and Im interested to see how fast he asserts himself as the center for the HOuston Rockets. And with Mass out with a groin pull also, geez. Cato has to watch the silly fouls big time now. Looks like I could get my wish early. Starting for the Houston Rockets...

Stevie Francis
    Shandon Anderson
    Carlos Rogers
    Kelvin Cato
    Charles Barkley