1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[INJURED] Yao to Miss at Least Six Weeks with Non-Displaced Fracture of Right Tibia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Caboose, Dec 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

we are freakin out because we dont know what happened. for all we know it could be a torn ligament. :(

2. sun12

sun12 Member

Well, you never know T-mac's back. I definitely believe Rox needs more talent now given the injury situation.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

LOL Yes I agree. I seem to always get the inside info in these situations due to other great fans. I'm from Pittsburgh so back in the summer when Big Ben was involved in that motorcycle accident those psycho Steelers fans were in the hospital too finding out all the inside info. At least i'm cheering for all the right teams with the greatest fans.

On a more serious note though, all we can do is hope for the best. I've had a bone bruise before and know that it's nothing that serious or carries any long term effects. Let's hope that it's only that and nothing more serious. The Big Fella has given us 110% this year and has been absolutely wonderful so he can take as much time as he needs to recover.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is the first post in which I have any confidence...THANK YOU !!

DD

5. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

6. Omer

Omer Member

I didn't think it was possible for so many bad things to happen to us each year.

I thought T-Mac going out was bad enough, now I come home from a dinner party and I see the Rockets down 10 with 1 minute to go, I look at the stats and it shows Yao 5 minutes played and 2 points. Suddenly very frightened, I know something is terribly wrong and now here I am in anguish.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Kalikuli- please keep us updated. Biting my nails worrying right now. Ugh.

8. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Man.....it pierced my heart to see Big Yao suffered such great pain............

The holiday mood of Christmas immeidately evaporated for me !!

Get Well Soon........Big Yao !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

ok second post in 1 minute. im freakin out

10. ningtong88

ningtong88 New Member

WTF?? I just answered what that person asked, so you were expecting me to say something like it's a career ending injury? WTF is your problem

11. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

It's time for knee pads ala Ewing & Olajuwon.

12. htownballer91

htownballer91 Member

13. windfern

windfern Member

There goes our 2006-07 season.

[​IMG]

14. NothingButNet

NothingButNet Member

I've put up hope so high in this season and I believe if GOD is fair to us, the Rockets will not have a serious injury year again.

At this point I'm speechless. Another disaster on Christmas Eve? I'm sort of supersticious and I think there's something unlucky processed on this team. It must be rid of before the Rockets can really take off.

Without the two superstars I think we can still win some games. But if the two miss games as they did in last season, playoff is out of the question. Maybe this team needs an exorcism.

15. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You pessimists piss me the F- off. You just take the coward's way out. Be positive, dammt. It's ok to plan for the worst, but the key is to HOPE for the best.

16. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

A couple of things:

Nothing, not even tearing one or all three ligaments in the knee, hurts like a bone bruise, apparently. Even if it's just one that keeps you out for a couple of days. Those who have banged knees with an opponent playing pickup ball can attest to that. So you can't say "it has to be a torn up knee" just because Yao was in agony.

People can walk, run, play basketball (Eric Williams, 1997) or even football (Curtis Enis, played a half of football of an NFL game in 1998; Qyntel Woods played with it during high school) on a torn ACL. So Yao walking off the court didn't mean that much.

This sucks horribly, but none of us can really comment -- even seeing what we've seen -- until the MRI results come out.

17. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

It is JVG. But seriously, will JVG get another free pass this year if we are not doing good?

18. Coob5

Coob5 Member

Chill out everyone it is a bruised bone he will prob be out a couple of weeks, this will give our non superstar players sometime to step it up, we may lose a bunch of games but when him and tmac comes back we are going to wreck.

19. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

I would chill out if it would be a couple of days but a couple of weeks is ALOT considering that T-Mac is out too...who is going to score now?

BTW...has there been any official word about Yaos condition or is everyone just speculating?

20. Tuan

Tuan Member

channel 2 news just said he has a small fracture on his knee. not good news :(