1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[INJURED] Yao to Miss at Least Six Weeks with Non-Displaced Fracture of Right Tibia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Caboose, Dec 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Yao Ming will miss two weeks, that's almost always what players with bone brusies miss. I remember a thread that said our games to close out the year would be easy, and without Yao they just got a hell lot harder. Really surprised we are still leading though..........for now.

2. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

I'm less worried about the next month, and more worried about the next 5 years.

Can anyone give some background on bone bruises? Is this the kind of thing that heals, and you're done with it? Or does it linger forever?

The one sliver lining...whenever Yao is out with an injury, he tends to come back stronger, meaner, and better than ever.

3. BlakeB

BlakeB Member

Wow... just wow. You know this crossed my mind earlier today, but I shrugged it off as highly unlikely... God wouldn't forsake us like that two seasons in a row, not when we have so much potential this season.

And a bone bruise? That at least don't sound as bad as a hyperextension, what's the average down time with that? Anyone have any idea? I hope Yao isn't in too much pain currently and has a quick recovery to get back to his team, however long that takes.

But yeah, we can win with Yao and not Tracy, or a healthy Tracy with Yao out... but with both out, we're toast because the Rockets are a team of roleplayers that all have specific duties. The only other player than can do it all is Bonzi. All on your know dog! My how things changed for him in the past month. From the doghouse to being our offensive threat all within two and a half weeks. If Bonzi by some miracle starts averaging like 30/7/5 and we still manage to pull out wins that way, I think we should straight up offer him a multiyear deal asap.

Oh also, the three people thinking what we could get on the trade market for Yao ming... just cut is out and stop being so damn negative.

4. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Yao & Tracy are the Mark Prior and Kerry Wood of the Rockets.

5. ningtong88

ningtong88 New Member

Yao was screaming pretty bad... he wouldn't be screaming that bad if it's just a bone bruise...

I am hoping that it's not too serious

6. BlakeB

BlakeB Member

Somehow the patchwork Rockets keep a decent lead... but it isn't Bonzi or Luther leading the offense... its Shane Battier. What the hell is going on out there tonight? So do we even have a first option on offense now? Or is it basically you take a shot if you think you got what it takes* and hope the defense lead by Battier can keep the Rockets in it?

*yeah, that couldnt be the impromptu system, Skip would have 30 shots with 8 makes by now.

7. ningtong88

ningtong88 New Member

bone bruise is nothing... a couple of weeks healing will do the job

8. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I loved how Keith handled the situation

a really true professional

I'm really happy we have this guy

9. yuri

yuri New Member

bless yao..

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

I wanted to give Tim Thomas a boot to his knee and fingers if I could when saw that thug used his motion to make Yao land funny. He did it on purposeļ¼Œ I swear. :mad:

11. Alirules

Alirules Member

update? How long is he out?

12. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Let's pray it is just a bone bruise.........

Judging by the way Yao Ming screamed in pain and kept banging the floor repeatedly with his hand, I had this very very bad feeling that it could be something more serious.

Just don't want that be an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/aclrepain/a/acl.htm

or a posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/kneeinjuries/a/pcl.htm

or a medial collateral ligament (MCL) injury

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/kneeinjuries/a/mclinjury.htm

Those are very very troublesome injuries that might require surgery to repair the meniscus, ligament or cartilage.

13. cyangmai

cyangmai Member

god bless yao
    yao is still young, and will have a long career.

14. tsunami

tsunami Member

Alright it's nothing, so I wish you get bone bruise yourself.

15. Caboose

Caboose Member

DAMN IT I JUST REALIZED IM GOING TO THE ROCKETS-NETS GAME WEDNESDAY :mad: no yao. possibly no tmac. ****.

16. Caboose

Caboose Member

it's been confirmed that it is just a bone bruise.

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

holy crap.. what the hell :( why god, why!!

18. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

the bruise injury news was good news. My heart was hurting for like 30 minutes from the moment i saw Yao screaming in pain. Eye got watery, and i prayed for him.

19. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

Same me too i was so hyped up to go to this one, being sold out and all, guess ill have to scalp them.

20. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Actually, that was the preliminary diagnosis, but they have to run an MRI to make sure there is no further damage. If he banged his knee cap on someone's head, all I can say is, "OUCH!!!" That had to freakin' hurt.