1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Indian Rapper

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by slickvik69, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Dang...you are just on a roll today! :D

Slickvick...yeah...my bad if I came out sounding as if this happens with only us Indians. It's pretty common in any race. :)

slandballa, you have problems if you are brown and you hate most brown people. :rolleyes:

2. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying that, of course I live in a town with just a few other Indian people my age.

I only mentioned Sugarland, because Sugarland is home to plenty of stuff that just "doesn't happen with just Indian people," not too unlike the situation that 03 just described.

OCP, HK, pretty silly, really.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Indians, Blacks, Whites, Asians (ESPECIALLY asians)....everyone thinks they're hardcore when they got their boys with them.

I don't know how many times I've heard these kinds of stories from my friends'

"yea my homeboy and this other guy got into it and they were about to fight"
    "what happened? did they fight?"
    "well my homeboy called up his homeboys and before you know it, 10 of them were just jumping this one dude"
    "nice way to show your manhood"

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

*borderline D&D rambling*

You know, for all the racial progress our great United States have made over the last 30 years, things still are far from good. This doesn't have to do with equality under the law, but more with mentality of people.

It's awesome that we live in a society where you have so many opportunities to find you niche, from high school all the way to retirement. Clubs, frats, friends, groups, CC.net.

But I think people have a tendency to get too comfortable with those who are similar to them. I mean, it great to have stuff in common, but I don't know, there's still too much of a racial divide, and a societal divide too.

Back in high school, it was awesome that it was new and feeded from 3 middle schools. The individual friendships I've made with latino, asian, black, white, poor, rich, sporty, nerdy, theater, and music people was such an enriching experience for me. After I graduated, the hs zoned out the poor neighborhoods and now it's totally different.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with hanging out with people only the same race as you, but....there's just so much more out there. I mean, most of my friends now are white, but that's because of circumstance. I mean, life is about phases, and one shouldn't be afraid to be in different regions, make new friends, do things differently.

Sigh. I don't think I'm doing the best job of communicating my thoughts.

Diversity programs in school have not really lead to diversity in life. One of the things I like about this bbs is that people from all nations and of all races come together to b**** about JVD and Yao and argue about Wink.

Sometimes I think we should abolish all these groups like Vietnamese Student Association or Latino etc. I know I'm wrong, and I know they are good things to have, but I just don't think everything about them is great...like sometimes things gear towards segregation and fun rather than education and sharing cultural values. Socials and dances are the norm, and resume building activities....but why is all that needed with only people of your same skin or color you know? It's like what about teaching about traditions and values etc?

Whatever. I've done a terrible job of expressing my thoughts. Back to the topic.

*rant over*

5. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yes I wish people weren't this segregated with stereotypes and prejudices and everything. I wish we were united..hmm not gonna happen

6. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

OCP is just a basketball team, but a lot of Indian people don't like them for whatever reason.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This thread has so much potential but KingCheetah and I are the only ones trying. :confused:

Come on guys. Step it up. I know you can do better.

8. slickvik69

Yes, but at the same time, people take pride in their culture. You become Americanized when you come to this country, but at the same time, you have to keep your heritage in mind, and it's easy to relate to people who are of the same culture.

9. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Is it me or is that a kid's toy in the background just to the right of the guy on the righthand side? If you're going to be badasses, make sure to clean up the Fisher Price from the front yard before you take the pic. :D

10. slickvik69

I just noticed that. :)

11. ima_drummer2k

Man, I had no idea the sales reps from Omni Consumer Products were so hardcore!

:eek:

12. slickvik69

Yea buddy. You didn't know? You better call somebody!

13. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

LOL please...

When they're not playing basketball, theyre out fighting with people. Numerous times I have seen them roll up in clubs and start fights with ONE guy. They all try to beat the crap out of him. The sad thing is they guys in OCP are so old now yet it seems like theyre high school kids looking to mess with people just for the sake of doing it.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Happened to me when I was in 7th or 8th grade. A group of about 17 or so Saudis were trying to start sh** with my friend and I. We had just left the swimming pool and snack bar and so we were in flipflops and carrying our towels and french fries etc.

Then this group of Saudis came with their puppy german shepard and were trying to make us scared of it. The were trying to make it bite us. But we just bent over and pet the puppy. That really pissed them off and one shoved my buddy back and they were yelling all this crap.

Nothing really every happened, my friend shoved one of the skinny smaller ones by his face into a dumpster and ran. While I stood there with our stuff in my arms. They turned away from him and then toward me and began to yell **** at me. I told them to **** off. I remember getting into a scuffle with a couple of them on the soccer field while there was a game going on. one of them pushed me down and then I started to throw fists every which way hitting whatever I could. Smashed a few in the face. Then I turned and ran home.

Oh yeah, I remember them setting their dog loose because it would chase me because I was running (playful puppy), and they thought I would be scared of it nibbling on my ankles. So as I was running I began talking to it and coaxing it to follow me. Then the saudi who was waling the dog began screaming at me and the dog. I should have grabbed the leash and ran away with the pup. But ehh....I talked to it and ran with it down a street then stopped talking to it and it stopped.

But it was funny to hear him scream at me when he saw me leaving with his "killa".

15. ima_drummer2k

:D

"Sick em, boy!!! KILL!!!! KILL!!!!"
    "Aw, wook at the wittle puppy. He's so cute."

Hilarious!

16. slickvik69

This is beginning to turn into a storytelling thread.

17. slickvik69

It's just a basketball team. People always talk hype them up like some Indian gang, but they don't bother anyone unless they're provoked.

18. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Did you really expect anyone to take the subject of an Indian rapper and his wannabe thuggish, turban sporting, sword weilding crew seriously?

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Sorry dude. It didn't last long before being hijacked.

20. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Provoked in what way? Some guy accidently bumps into one of them walking around in a club? I've seen it happen....

When people fight for stupid ass reasons like that, they're doing nothing but looking to fight. It's really sad that they still do this. Some people never grow up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.