1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Indian fakes being black to get into Med school

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by GlenDice, Jul 21, 2015.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I heard the NAACP is advising the blacks to pretend to be white so they don't get hassled by the popo, denied jobs, go to bad schools, or get accused of being animals and thugs.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There's the 'twice as good' phenomenon or even imposter syndrome.

Granted I hate lazy moochers, but race never comes into play when it comes to lazy white moochers. At times, it feels like there's an attitude of 'he is what he is'.

It's all about to what extent is the benefit of the doubt given.

You win a clutch reference achievement point.

I find his points esotericly exhausting that can at times be a stretch when it comes to root cause analyses.

/big words off

I think race has overshadowed a class issue. If the lines were redrawn by income and location, then the authors main points would be addressed.

I like diversity. AA in colleges is disproportionate to Asians, but not all should fall under that criterion. There's a ton of dirt poor Asians and whites who, if given the opportunity, could be a first to their family in many things and break through a higher class.

The American Dream is the promise of a better future, and unfortunately college has become the main bottleneck towards reaching it.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yeah, so you're doubling down on the personal attacks to deflect from your fairly hollow original argument.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

There was no argument. I stated my opinion and you replied in the most inefficient way possible I might add, with nothing relevant. Most people on this board are intelligent. We are college graduates, some of us like myself are even going back to school to get our masters degree. We are business owners, writers, engineers, doctors etc. We don't need to use big words to show how smart we are because our responses are relevant to the matter at hand. Yet we still find a way to communicate without assuming that everyone else is stupid. Had you replied to me in a clear concise manner relevant to what I stated I would have replied back in kind. But you didn't. My response to you about Data was actually a joke, one I think most people without a social personality disorder would recognize. I meant you no harm and it's sad that you see it as a personal attack but honestly I don't care. Try not to take yourself so seriously next time and you'll avoid the butt hurt. Good day.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I didn't have to assume or assert you were stupid, despite your apparent misinterpreting the term "argument" to solely describe a conflict rather than alternately indicate a particular line of reasoning in support of an opinion. You tried to validate a philosophically and ethically controversial and legally endangered racial policy with a lazy, flawed analogy that undercut your argument. You disavowed your initial assertion, then deflected with your "data" joke, redundantly posted your googled image and falsely inferred and alleged anger or hurt feelings on my part. Now you're changing horses and irrelevantly drawing in others' educational and professional backgrounds, and I guess throwing in that "social disorder" invective which you'll later deny or rationalize.

1 person likes this.
  6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

My point was that this law wasnt racist. Ive yet to hear anything from you explaining to me why it is racist. Your responses are irrelevant, they only take the conversation into a different direction a direction I dont have any intention to follow. Thats why I made the silly joke about Data because as smart as that android is common sense eludes him.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I do agree that race shouldnt be apart of college applications but when you are in a minority group you dont have the luxury of forgetting about racism. Minority specific benfits are needed in order to combat the effects of racism. Im sure there are Asian programs out there, are we so sure that he has tried one of those?

8. Remii

Remii Member

Once Robert Johnson sold BET to a white company they turned it into a coon fest so they could make more money... I think that's what the poster is touching on.

Affirmative action in general is more about gender than race. Native Black males hardly benefit from it at all. White women benefit from affirmative action disproportionately over all other minorities.

As far as college admissions... You and the people upset about Asians not getting into college may find this article interesting.
    http://racerelations.about.com/od/d...ffirmativeActionAddressIntraRacialDivides.htm

Affirmative action doesn't actually help who you think it does...

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The point about that is I DONT CARE. I don't care how BET is run, I've said that and I don't care who it is run by it was an analogy. The two are comparable because of what they were MEANT to do, you can argue what they actually accomplish, I'm just arguing against the racism aspect because of what they were MEANT to achieve. It was in response to the guy saying that because this program only benefits black people that it's racist. My point which I think I stated clearly is that just because it benefits one minority group doesn't make it racist. It's the only point I was trying to make.

10. Remii

Remii Member

I don't think BET can be compared with affirmative action... But how do you know what affirmative action was MENT to achieve...??? As far as affirmative action being created because it was meant to help Natvie Black folks is just some bu77shyt they told black folks and anyone else who would be gullible enough to believe it.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LOL I'm so done with this thread.

12. Remii

Remii Member

And you should be because "the truth is treason in the empire of lies."

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Am I missing some sort of contextual point you were trying to make by using this incredibly offensive term?

1 person likes this.
  14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO, dear god, you and pouhe should get together and make a Saturday Night Live skit, it would be some funny ****. Data from TNG meets Joe Dirt, lol.

15. Remii

Remii Member

So says the guy who is ignorant enough to compare BET to affirmative action and believes that affirmative action benefits (or was meant to benefit) Native Black people... If you read more and watch less TV you would have known better. But you know what they say, hide it in a book...

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Is affirmative action racist?

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

"Saying affirmative action is racist is like saying BET is racist. Well if black people were getting acting jobs you wouldn't need a BET. To try to call out something that finally benefits a minority is pretty senseless because it doesn't compare to the systemic benefits that the majority gets. "

This where reading comprehension is key. And this is why you've spent the second day in a row arguing points that you've been wrong on all along because you have poor reading comprehension. Perhaps you should spend more time trying to comprehend what you are reading instead of blindly arguing points no one made. You are arguing with yourself.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Also please don't think I don't know that the reason you are replying to me today is because got embarrassed on a different subject yesterday. Being a business owner and not even being aware that a minimum wage hike would not effect you is more than likely the reason your business is struggling and cannot pay people a decent wage. You are not a very good business man and maybe if you read a little more you would've known that.

19. Remii

Remii Member

Which minority group are you talking about... Because I pointed out that Black Natives (males) hardly benefit from it.

Now if you're talking about a different minority group ---> my mistake.

Struggling huh... You're making a bunch of assumptions there dude. But I did respond to your post in that thread earlier today.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yup your mistake, but atleast you are mature enough to admit that, most people wouldn't.