1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In their prime what musical band would you have love to seen perform?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joeson332, Sep 21, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

80s Metallica, 80s ACDC, 80s Micheal Jackson, 80s Springsteen, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd (heard visuals were amazing!!), and if I had a time machine I would visit the Velvet Underground (and Edie :cool:) at the The Factory or CBGBs. What an experience that would be!

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I saw them at Liberty Hall in August of 1972. Tickets were $2.50 in advance, $3.50 at the door. Never saw Edie, though. She's a legend.

Svpernaut, Torn n Frayed and ipaman like this.
  3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Definitely believe you, all of his recent performances sound much more sharper.

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

He's also surrounded himself with better musicians through the years which helps tremendously with the performance quality. Early NIN was all about controlled chaos, while later NIN is more technically and musically focused.

joeson332 likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

The answer is still Zeppelin.

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Joy Division, Robert Johnson, Miles Davis and Zep.

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

That's badass... that's the reason I put them at #1 here, seeing them in the tiny venues they loved to play would have been insane.

The are the GOAT for sure. The only reason I didn't pick them for this post is because Robert Plant still tours.

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Queen or Dire straits

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I can't imagine turning on the TV in 1964 and seeing THIS. Much less actually being there...

Killatron 2000 likes this.