1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In their prime what musical band would you have love to seen perform?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by joeson332, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Did you see it @ Cullen? I was aware of the show but it was shortly bf I got into them. Others had listed shows I did get to see; MBV back in 1992 w/Dinosaur Jr and the And Justice For All tour during a nasty winter ice freeze w/Queensreich opening up. In a word; WHIPLASH! Had the worse case of it for 3 days after the show from head banging so much, couldn't lift my head off my pillow! That show was total chaos; people sneaking into through the bathroom ceiling and all floor seating was tore up and thrown in a massive pile in the middle of it. And people were taking parts of the ceiling paneling and throwing in down to the floor like Frisbees! Like a great Rave party it felt out-of-control, I kept thinking; this is on the verge of getting out of hand!!

Also saw GnR in 1988 @ Texas Stadium opening for INXS, was some Mtv event and W. Axl was none too pleased..

#81 Torn n Frayed, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Killatron 2000 likes this.
  2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Bowie
    Joy Division
    New Order
    Velvet Underground
    Nirvana
    Daft Punk
    Sneaker Pimps

I've been fortunate enough to see many of my favorites on multiple occasions over the years, but still wish I'd been able to catch some of them on earlier tours: NIN (Pretty Hate Machine/Broken), Radiohead (Ok Computer), Massive Attack (Mezzanine).

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Sounds dope haha, how many people waited for him to come back?

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Queen and Hendrix were already mentioned, so I'll go with a band not yet mentioned here:
    Oasis at the beginning of 1994 probably, when Liam's voice was still non-****ed.

Also kind of cheating because it's no "band", but going back in time to see Chopin, Liszt, ,Rachmaninoff, Schumann etc would be something to watch.

BigM likes this.
  5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

You'd want to see them at least with their 2nd drummer, 1st guy Tony was a total hack. And the 1 act no one's mentioned yet you all should have is Jeff Buckley; by far the most individually talented person I saw during the 90's.

Deckard likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

True. Cool thing is his voice is getting better (man) nowadays, to me sounds as good as he in the late 90s. Gem and the rest have joined Noel again, still got hopes for a complete reunion. :oops:

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Good pick. I think his prime vocal period went through be here now. His live vocals really started dropping off post standing on the shoulder of giants. Saw them during the be here now tour at what was aerial theatre at the time.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yeah I heard him do wonderwall on Howard Stern last month and his voice was surprisingly very good. I wouldn’t say prime Oasis but better than it’s been in close to 20 years. He seems a lot more mature. Unfortunately I’ve tried to listen to a couple of his new songs and they’re so cringe worthy I can’t finish them. If he could get back with Noel who is killing it with his solo material it would be sweet.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

His new album is coming out soon, the three first songs already sound much better than the Beady Eye stuff to me. Actually looking forward to the album now.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Saw Nirvana 4 times.... Alice In Chains twice....Mother Love Bone.

Nirvana was very good, but a lot of that was the time period and that I had an incredible time that week. Lots of sex, drugs, good friends and not a care in the world.

Patience and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  11. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys
    Simon & Garfunkel
    Johnny Cash
    Jimi Hendrix
    The Kinks
    Led Zeppelin
    Genesis (Gabriel & Collins)
    Stevie Wonder
    Pink Floyd
    ELO
    Fleetwood Mac
    Queen
    ZZ Top
    The Clash
    The Police
    Journey
    Prince
    Run DMC
    Public Enemy
    Beastie Boys
    Pearl Jam
    Rage Against the Machine
    The Fugees
    Chemical Brothers
    DJ AM w/Travis Barker

#91 chievous minniefield, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

any of yall care about dillinger escape plan? they are one of my all time favorite bands. i'm thinking about going to new york city to see them at terminal 5 new years eve weekend on their last ever show before they breakup

Joshfast likes this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Clash, The Ramones, Public Enemy, Run DMC, The Replacements, Devo, The Velvet Underground, The Smiths, Chick Webb, Duke Ellington, Cab Calloway, Bob Wills and The Texas Playboys...

I'm sure that I'm leaving more off the list that will come to me later. Those are the ones off the top of my head.

Killatron 2000 and Torn n Frayed like this.
  14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Peter, Paul and Mary

Deckard likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

They are the best ever at what they do. I always hoped Mike Paton would come back and do more vocals with them. Very talented band.

Joshfast and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

NIN, audioslave, soundgarden, van halen

17. what

what Member

bwgahahaha

I see your PP&R and raise you Wilson Phillips

18. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

Probably about a third of the audience. From what we heard, a lot of people tried to get refunds and weren't getting them. Others just straight up walked out the front door.

Yung-T likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This. Queen supposedly put on a he'll of a show. They rocked out Live Aid in 85.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

First band that came to mind when I read the title of the thread was The Police.

ima_drummer2k and kaleidosky like this.