1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In the past 7 games the Rockets have scored under 100 points 5 times.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oogie boogie, Nov 8, 2018.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Warriors broke this team 7 months ago.

Remlap and J Sizzle like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They are not a defensive team and now can't claim to be a Top team on Offense as well.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

In terms of "record", yes. But this team isn't 2015-2016. This team isn't pointing fingers at one another or getting into cliques etc. They aren't tuning out the coach. The chemistry isn't fractured. It is still sound.

So on that basis they have a foundation to dig their way out. Whereas in 2015 they did not. This is a VERY important distinction.

That said, we'll see how they do. They have work to do. Time will tell.

rantsolpuella13 and harold bingo like this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Same thing happened in 2015. Demoralizing WCF against the Warriors. Team is done for next season.

5. Remlap

Remlap Member

Well, at least we can toss up bricks better than anybody, so there's THAT

[​IMG]

6. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Last year I trusted the Rockets even if they fell behind by double digits. They'd make some stops, nail a couple of quick 3's and still win comfortably. So far this season, I don't even care if they lose. I just want them to look competitive and they usually don't.

J Sizzle likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Do you really think this team is as good as that team?

They were ranked 15th by adjusted net rating. This team is ranked 23rd.

Maybe I'm wrong but this team seems to not have the comebacks that team had after atrocious first halves.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think this team is as toxic as that one, for sure. But yes...I think their performance is likely going to be similar. This team will likely be a little better, but the Western Conference is also a lot better now than it was then, so I imagine their overall outcome will likely be similar.

The difference between that team and this team is that this team looks far more washed up. Everybody looks old and slow, even Harden looks slightly less effective, though he's not been an issue like everybody else has.

Chris Paul looks worse than I ever could have dreamed of. The bench is fairly awful. Melo is embarrassing. It just is looking like a lost season.

My biggest fear is that Morey realizes the position this team is in for the future and looks elsewhere. I don't see how you can be "obsessed with beating the Warriors", then watch this team and think they're even close .

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yep they look and slow. At least that 15-16 team had some athleticism and could look good for short stretches.

J Sizzle likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Adams didnt kill us from Post ups, they did not run that many Adams post ups, so I really dont know why you are saying this, you want to know where Adams hurt us? It was on the boards. Adams didnt even post us up that much, and theres a reason for it.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Everytime he had the ball and Clint was on him, our guys looked like munchins jumping up trying to swat at the ball... he would just stand there 2 or 3 feet from the front of the basket and toss it in... lol

The guys scored 19 - as many as Harden - and 1 pt shy of being top scorer in the game... approx 20% of their total points...

And yes, he also killed us on the boards... cause we got nobody that can effectively box him out... building a team to beat GSW meant no thought about a beefy center who could bang downlow... we just have the corpse of Nene...

Really we had no answer for him period - but Clint was our best option so he should have mirrored him and stayed on him...

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro he had 8 points total off of post ups. Its not a threat. Trust me the switching is not the issue. We had no problem beating their behind last year when we switched, nor did we have a problem keeping it close last year when we played them without Paul. Capella played fine.

We can pull it off, just like we did against Indy, I know it sounds ridiculous but if everyone besides PJ made a concerted effort to box out, we'd be okay.

The point is, in terms of scoring the ball, Adams is not a problem. If its somebody like Randle or AD then maybe. But switching onto bigs is fine, Im more worried about the perimeter defending. And for the record Adams is averaging .76 points per possession on Post ups, on 1.7 attempts per game. Safe to say its not a staple of their offense.

Edit: Actually Embid is like 1.03 PPP on the second most attempts in the league, that is scary haha.