1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In terms of drive, effort and heart Westbrook > Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by celebrevida, May 12, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You fool!

he hasnt even reached his final form yet. Once cp3 triggers intense stress and makes harden feel like a beta b**** during one of his weirdo mental meltdowns, then his final form will emerge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. sabesque

sabesque Member

Nah. It's just more obvious with westbrook because it's a personality thing. The drive thing is a little bit of theatrics for westbrook because that's his schtick.

It shows up in different ways for James.

BigMaloe, Blurr#7 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

This thread convinced me swyguy is a mavs fan... I know, I know, late to the party......

Howeva!!! The only reason Russ is holding that MVP trophy is because of the rebound advantage he had on Harden ....AKA teammates getting out of his way every free throw and unchallenged rebound to let him pad that star ... PERIOD:mad:

Steven Adams 7rpg
    Kanter 6rpg

4. crispy123

crispy123 Member

yeah, Westbrook tries more, I would argue he tries way too hard that doesn't make him better than harden. Westbrook is the single reason why the Thunder lost to golden state and why they can't get people to sign with the Thunder. the guy has a low bb IQ and isn't exactly the poster boy for heart, IMO heart means more than jacking up shots. look at what he did to get the triple double for the year, the guy is selfish af. so, please... I'd take Harden over Westbrook in any draft I do.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Westbrook's made a career out of trying to do too much. That's why he never wins when it matters.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

all I know is that CP3 wanted to play with Harden, not Westbrook

we are on the verge of getting Melo, it's imminent

if u like to dream big, then maybe we get Lebron next summer as well

we'll see if PG13 doesn't leave Russ like KD did

Killatron 2000 and Pen15clubber like this.
  7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

No sorry, stupid can't be fixed

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

lol the way he says "truth hurts"

no bro, stupidity hurts. stupidity hurts everyone.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Honestly, as much as I've bashed Harden for all his shortcomings, I'm not sure the heart and effort part is true. I get why it seems that way, but Westbrook going 100 miles an hour on drives does not mean he works harder than Harden. The guy takes plays off, watches for the ball to come to him and a lot of times seems more about himself than about doing everything to win. Harden is a lot more selfless, seems to be more about doing everything he knows he can do to win. The defense part seems to be about just accepting his flaws than not caring enough. People around him and stories that have come out has pointed to Harden taking losses pretty hard and truly caring about winning.

Of course, also he is prone to chasing stats and his will to win can be absent more often than with Westbrook to be honest. Westbrook wills his team more to victory than probably any player in the NBA, but he also shoots his team out of games and loses probably more than any star by playing selfishly. Sometimes his drive like with Kobe kills the result. Westbrook is not a team player, Harden is. So while the former plays more aggressive and seems to care more, it's the latter who gets his teammates involved more often than not and gets results.

One big knock on Harden is still his love for partying before games and when the games doesn't go his way, he is pretty much a negative in every way possible. Westbrook quits too, every player does and has done it - yes Kobe too - but with Harden it might be more than the average star.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And yet star players are lining up to play with Harden and fleeing from Westbrook. Weird.

11. threepointshot3

Yet everyone wants to play with Harden and no one will willingly go to OKC to play with Mr heart

riko likes this.
  12. threepointshot3

My thought exactly

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

they are both the best players in the nba. they can make any team goto the playoffs. Just get a few guys around them who can keep them close to the game, in the end they can dominate and take over. Pretty even players. Pure scorers. Lebron time is soon leaving him.

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yea thats why they got PG-13 . and we didnt.

swyyyguy likes this.
  15. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

You're attempting to judge fitness and personality as something to do with mentality, neither of which makes sense. You don't know Westbrook wants it more than Harden; that's just a dumb phrase media uses when physically viewing something.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

That was all Indiana, not somewhere PG wanted to go. Two selfish guys together, good luck with that..the media should maybe talk about that duo and it's probable problems a lot more than ours. We have two unselfish guys, a lot easier and likelier to succeed!

17. threepointshot3

Willingly you fool.He was TRADED there.You think PG would willingly go there?Chris Paul willingly came to Houstonto play with James!

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Dude don't screw up the narrative.

George wanted to play with Westbrook and Indiana read his mind and voluntarily proceeded to trade him for not the best trade package on the market. Meanwhile we are sitting here and elite superstars are not choosing to come play with Harden. Truth hurts bro.

swyyyguy, threepointshot3 and riko like this.
  19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't understand the point of this thread... OKC fan trying to troll Rockets?

As a serious response, effort does not translate to results and WB has had far inferior results compared to Harden's with significantly more help. In the case of Harden, he does have drive. He simply is not vocal or expressive about it.

20. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

So what?
    Westbrook puts in more effort, that's great. There is more to the game of basketball than just effort. Westbrook puts in more effort than Shaq in his prime, I don't think you will find anybody who will choose Westbrook over Prime Shaq.