1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In Retrospect, Thabo Sefolosha......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jdhi, Dec 18, 2019.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I think I’d drag my feet too. That number one pick landed us Westbrook. At least maybe it did?

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The jury is still out on whether we landed Westbrook, or got stuck with Westbrook, sadly.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yup. It just comes down to flexibility and utilizing resources.

onreego and treyk3 like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

All of this. Nook absolutely NAILS it. How the Rockets are missing out at the margins. Those margins make a BIG difference in the NBA. But to Tilman, the margins don't matter. He hasn't learned their value. And it seems Morey can't convince him either on it. Or Tilman is stubborn and won't listen.

Chamillionaire, YOLO, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Which we have neither of at this point (flexibility or resources that can even be utilized because they are all gone for savings). It's absolutely baffling that anyone could deem that the moves that Tilman has made have been anything but financial ones.

YOLO, D-rock, Nook and 2 others like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nope. The picks that were traded were 2024, 2026. The feet dragging was dumb for dorkus Tilman.

YOLO, D-rock and Nook like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, it is beyond obvious. And it is obvious to the national media too. They bring it up a lot. I am glad they do, too. Everyone is onto Tilman. As they should be. Hold his feet the the fire.

I will also be the first to give him credit if or when he does anything good.

D-rock, Nook and treyk3 like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

No it did not. The #1 pick landed us Shumpert and let Tillman get out of the last year of Knights contract.

J Sizzle, YOLO, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

many people on this board don't value margins either. they think if you're not a "star" you don't move the needle which is absolutely false. depth absolutely matters a ton and you're not going to fill every spot with a "star"

10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I was speaking about his offense. He’s always been a poor scorer/shooter and good defender. He still is a pretty good defender and maybe even poorer shooter than years past. Thabo has been the same player that he’s always been just couple years older.

11. Asian Sensation

Damn that would’ve been nice.... even better it probably would’ve kept Westbrick away.