1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In one five month period of Obama's drone war in Afghanistan, 90% of killings were accidental.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Northside Storm, Oct 18, 2015.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Now you're acting as if every U.S. drone assassination prevents another 9/11. That's called a false dilemma: "kill 90% innocents or get another 9/11: pick one." You seem to think that killing 35 "intended targets" prevented 35 9/11's.

But by your own admission, killing 90%-99% of those people does not stop a 9/11, because those people are innocent.

And you're too sensitive to tell us how many people you killed. But you're not too sensitive talking about other people doing the killing. Why the double standard?

Come on: how many combatants have you killed, and how many innocents have you killed? Don't feel bad: you must've prevented many 9/11's. And it's just "collateral damage" to you anyway.

I think you never killed anyone, or you wouldn't talk so cavalierly about killing masses of people. A terrorist would say the same exact thing as you: "It's OK to kill 99% innocents if you get a good target!"

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay, I'll make one last effort to spell this out Barney style for you and if you still can't follow along, I'll just give up and wait for someone more intelligent to comment in order to continue the conversation.

What was said is that the level of acceptable collateral damage depends on the target and that there are scenarios where it would be acceptable to kill 9 potential innocents to ensure the death of the one target.

To explain further I brought up the scenario of how it would have been worth it to kill 181 potential "innocents" in order to kill the 19 9-11 hijackers before they got a chance to kill nearly 3000. This isn't a false dilemma, it's just an example of an instance where a 90% accidental kill number would be fully acceptable.

I then went on to explain that not only was killing 181 potential innocents to ensure the death of those 19 hijackers before they could pull off 9-11 acceptable, but in fact it is the right thing to do morally (depending on what you believe) if you have the opportunity. It's basically another version of the "trolley problem"

Now either you are going to understand, or you're not. There's really no simpler way I can break this down for you without the use of crayons and children's toys. In a perfect world, you'll be able to follow along and will have something intelligent to add. Is it going to be a perfect world scenario?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Ohhhh, if we had a crystal ball and we could kill guilty and innocent people to prevent crimes that have not happened yet, you would find that totally worthwhile. . . .

You're just an armchair killer who likes talking about killing people, including innocent ones.

You sound like a terrorist.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I tried, you clearly aren't intellectually capable of this kind of conversation....possibly because I don't have crayons and children's toys to explain it in simple enough terms for you. Don't worry, everyone has their shortcomings and I'll try not to hold this against you but this obviously can't continue. Have a good day.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You are the guy who is too cowardly to do an assassination, but you want to pay someone else to do it.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You sound stone cold talking about killing one assassination target and 99 innocent people. Then when one guy calls you out, all you can say is "toys and crayons." By now no one in this thread thinks you killed anyone.

Armchair killers are the lowest scum.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, your failure knows no bounds. You didn't even follow along well enough to know that we were talking about 9 potential innocents to one intended target.

Whatever you do, don't look up at the sky while it's raining, someone like you could end up drowning that way.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

How do you get 99% from 9:1?

You're an armchair killer.

11. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

With the focus on unintentional killings, is there any debate on the ethics of the intentional killings?

Assassinations are against the rule of law. What is the difference between a targeted killing and an assassination (banned under executive order)?

Has America so easily become a nation of men, not laws?

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Good point. And now the American government even assassinates Americans!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/07/world/middleeast/07yemen.html?hp&_r=0

So many armchair assassins in this thread think they are tough for supporting the government. Ironically, they are probably the same ones who shout "Small government! (And big military!) We hate Obama! (Except when he's doing assassinations!)"

The Democrats and Republicans are all clowns, inferior to normal men.