1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In lieu of our winning streak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Possum, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Possum

Possum Member

I would like to say, man are we lucky to have Daryl Morey as our GM. What a great job he has done assembling this talent. Imagine how good this team would be if Yoa was healthy!

Also what a great coaching job Adelman has done. To have this team playing like this, this late in the season right after trading away two of our rotation players for lesser known talent and not having his best player available all year is amazing. Great job Adelman, great job Morey, great job Houston Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Why would you jinx us like this... why?

3. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

and great job Possum.

4. theimpossibles1

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

6. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

7. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Every time the rockets go on a winning streak longer then 4 someone has make thread about it.

8. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

COol stORy Bra

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

LMAO .. when just a few days ago, we wanted to skin 'em alive ...

yeah, had my doubts but DM once more proves his genius at evaluating talent. Also, if RA enjoys this ast half of the season, I can totally see him coming back. After all, these are all his guys ... and how can he say NO to his pal Brad

What has happened also? We have our underdog mentality back. We seem to play better with a chip on our shoulders.

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

that's fine with me, hasn't happened very often lately.

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I shall eat a donut in lieu of the winning streak.

12. lokeej

lokeej Member

regardless of all, i find them fun to watch! Courtney Lee is growing on me the more he play

13. moreyball

moreyball Member

Is that Jordan?? LOL

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

In lieu of Possum, Daryl Morey is going to bang Possum's wife.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I disagree. I would rather sucks and get lebron, durant, griffin, wade, melo, etc.

We are becoming the pacers.

16. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Rule#1 of Fight Club... Never talk about the streak!!!:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  17. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Come on guys, think about it: where, oh where, would we be without the prowess of Daryl Morey right now? The man is a wizard and we should all thank our lucky stars that we have been as mediocre as we have the past few years.

I mean, seriously. We are LITERALLY JUST LIKE THE OAKLAND A's.....and we all know how successful money-ball has made them.....right? (Ben Sheets, anyone?)

Money ball FTW, baby! Successful for zero years, and counting! MOREY IS A GOD!

18. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

And handicapped by either Tracy/Yao's injuries or contract every single year. Just wait till all of the remnants of those 2 are gone and watch what he assembles.

1 person likes this.
  19. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

You're right, he has done a wonderful job considering it was nearly IMPOSSIBLE to foresee either ONE of those guys having any injury problems.

Any team worth their salt would have NO problem going "all in" with healthy players like Yao "Iron" Ming and Tracy "Solid-as-a-Rock" McGrady!

Touche.

...and you're right! Now that he has "full control" he's going to show us all what he's capable of. I imagine Melo, Bosh, CP3, Dwight, Amare....hell, even KOBE will be knocking down the door to work for someone who knows just how to squeeze every bit of value out of a player without actually paying him what he's worth. Players love GM's like that.

20. Possum

Possum Member

Hey at least I have a world class smokin hot wife with a perfect breast to ass ratio. You live in your parents basement and have poster of Carl Herrera above your bed and a dirty cloths basket next to it full of stiff dirty socks! :p