1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In hindsight, should Morey have pulled the trigger on that Rondo trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, May 29, 2014.

?

Do you wish Morey had included Parsons in a deal for Rondo?

1. YES - one of the best PG's in the league, and could have led to a Finals appearance.

99 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. NO - I think Morey made the right decision.

112 vote(s)
    53.1%
  1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I had to vote no. Would he have been a huge upgrade over Lin or Beverly at pg? Yes! There is no doubt Rondo would not have let Mo Williams take the ball from his hands. We however need a floor general not a Knucklehead. Rondo could be a knucklehead in Boston because he had guys like KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen to put him in his place. Even then he was apparently still a locker room disaster and pissed Allen off. Do you want to put him in the mix with guys like Harden and Howard?

2. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

No. Rondo is still available, so it isn't as if Rondo is off the table.

However, I am still convinced he does not fit. He is ball dominate, when we have a SG who is ball dominate with a centre who wants post touches. Also Rondo is a poor shooters meaning teams can help off of him on Howard and with Harden tries to penetrate.

He is also a personality clash with Harden and Howard.

If Rondo was a better shooter fine, but he isn't He needs the ball because he is NOT EFFECTIVE WITHOUT IT!

If we did the trade at the deadline who was the starting 3? Garcia? Hamilton? THINK GUYS, THINK!

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If you don't have to give up Howard or Harden, you do what you have to do if you have a chance at Rondo.

Off topic, but anyone going to summer league? Vegas baby. Vegas!

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yes. Probably would have gotten Courtney lee as well.

Harden could probably benefit by not always initiating the offense and catching the ball in more favorable positions. Dwight would also have gotten more easy buckets. Lee would have been an upgrade. I think adding rondo and lee would have meant even more efficient offense and better defense.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey's patience and view of the bigger picture will pay off. While I am one who would have loved to see Lowry OR Rondo here, the right move was to wait, so that we can get one of those two AND either Love or LMA while giving up as little as possible. It wasn't going to happen last year, as it was ALL about THIS OFFSEASON. Flexibility and leverage....From here, through the summer, and over the next several years, look for the board to ROCK as the Rockets become the "Superteam" of the West.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Because he's missed about a 100 games in the last 2 seasons and had one of the worst seasons of his career last year?

You don't consider that a decline?

What did Rondo do last year that screamed "oh he's the missing piece!"

7. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

As much as we need to improve at the pg spot and though I'd be willing to trade parsons, it wouldn't be for rondo. The net improvement might be more but equally might be less as well. And I think you could get more for parsons in a deal than rondo.

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

I would be open to trading Parsons for the right piece.

Rondo, however, is not that piece. I know he had some good years, but there is no way I would want him on this team with the way we are currently built.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I never want Rondo. Not then, not now.

Trading your farm for an injured star player with an attitude is a formula for disaster.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Rondo is really that good then the Celts wouldn't trade him, simple as that. Rondo's young enough that the Celts could still build around him, yet are why are they open to trading him for Parsons and a salary dump?

At this point he's yet another flashy name with no real substance, most people who want him haven't seen him play the last couple of years.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It's funny if Morey listened to some of you then we would never get a third star, because apparently Harden seems to be incapable of playing with anyone.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I doubt the Celts have enough time to build around Rondo, it's like the Knicks with Melo.

13. rocketsmetalspd

No, but this off season will be another year where the Rockets will be once again be changing their roster. Howard, Harden, Parsons, Daniels are sure to on the roster after that??

14. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

If it's true Morey's thinking was "we're not gonna win the championship anyway", then he should've definitely pulled the trigger. Why waste a half year with the current team when you could've added a possible 3rd star.

15. rullrich

rullrich Member

What if we were to instead do our 25th, TJones, and Lin for Rondo? Trade Machine approved - might not be enough for Boston but they might not get a better offer either.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We still would have lost in the first round. Changing the team up mid season would have made us drop at least two playoff seeds. Rondo was coming off injury.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Except instead of adding a possible 3rd star who's a better fit like Love or Anthony, you wasted your chance with a breaking down Rondo.

Morey playing the long game is exactly why he didn't overpay for Rondo.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We can find a PG. That's Morey's forte. Les gets in the way and we're stuck with Lin. That era will end soon enough. If there's one position I'm not worried about it's PG. I'm more worried about our future backup C and resigning Beverley long term than I am starting PG. Morey has that on lock.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Why are people under the impression that Rondo was even close to healthy this season?

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm sure this is exclusive to Houston. Only fans in Houston overrate the players on their pro sports teams. Right.