1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In-Depth Look at the Playoff Race

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Nov 17, 2014.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Higher likely-hood of you wearing your Jersey and keeping it on after the game going to the Jags game...The Colts game will be a miracle if we win that...Basically if we win out...it is a miracle...

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

The best part is if we can beat the jags this Sunday this thread can continue until at least mid-December. Having these discussion approaching mid-December is amazing compared to where we were last year.

3. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Can someone explain this to me. I have the Texans and Steelers both going 9-7, yet we get the tiebreaker on ESPN and Yahoo. How is this the case when they beat us this season?
    [​IMG]

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well you have 4 teams going 9-7, so they don't use head to head. It's probably using something like the 5th tiebreaker or something ridiculous like that.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You first break all ties within the division. In your case, Baltimore has the tie-breaker over the Steelers, so the Steelers are eliminated.

And I'm presuming the Texans beat Baltimore in your scenario, so the Texans then make the playoffs.

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ravens?src=hash">#Ravens</a> DT Haloti Ngata has been suspended by the NFL for the next four games for violating its performance enhancing substances policy.</p>&mdash; Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/540524158195478528">December 4, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Holy...

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

That ravens game is a lot more winnable now

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It could also take the Ravens out of the playoff hunt too if it sets their defense back too much and that would help the Texans as well.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'd rather us beat Baltimore, but Baltimore still finish tied or ahead of Pittsburgh to eliminate them.

At this point, we want the potential 2nd place team from the AFC North to not be Pittsburgh or Cincy (but we're ok with Baltimore and Cleveland, presuming we beat Baltimore).

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well we'll be alright so long as multiple teams finish with the same record, but honestly I want to shock the world and win out.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Still wondering who we should pull for in the Ind/Cle game this weekend. Indy if you think we have no shot at the division, Cleveland if you still think we do.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Our best bet is to win out, so I'm going for Cleveland and then praying Dallas helps us out.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I can see the Texans finally beating Indy but then losing to the Ravens.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I can see us finally beating Indy in Indy and then losing at home to the Jags.

I hate that I can see that.

16. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

More like it

17. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

I know it. I guess living in Houston you just start mentally preparing yourself for terrible things like that.

Example: my buddies wanted to hit the bars last night, but I needed to finish watching the 4th quarter of the Rockets game just to make sure they didn't blow it.

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Even if Indy wins the division again, we are much closer to contending for next year.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

True, and it pretty much hammers home that this is a 2 team division.

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i think we have to root for CLE regardless of whether we have a shot at the division. the chances of CLE running the table are a lot less than IND. assuming the TExans win out, CLE only has to lose one game for an identical record, and the Texans have the tie breaker which bodes in our favor of the wild card.