1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In-Depth Look at the Playoff Race

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Sydeffect, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

It's more being annoyed then being sensitive. This guy does this crap in every texans and rockets gamethread. It's pretty annoying

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Lol, I haven't noticed. But overly pessimistic people drive me nuts.

I think the GARM needs to start making "Post-Game Knee Jerk Comments from Game X thread"

It would be nice to embarrass some of these posters.

I have been pretty harsh on the Rockets lately, just because there offense has been horrendous.

3. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

If by this guy u mean me, first of all I'm a lady and second of all, please find evidence to support your claim. Sorry that my opinion on this subject (Texans playoff chances) offends u but get over it.

4. tmacfor35

No need to be dramatic. He didn't call you out. LOL but you are acknowledging as being the guilty party.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

From playing around ESPN's playoff machine, if Texans go 5-1 they are almost guaranteed to make the playoffs.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Exactly, the Texans can afford to lose 1 game between either Cincy, Indy, or Bmore. If they do that they are in and maybe even a Division winner depending on where they take the 1 loss. Technically if they swept those 3 games they could lose one to the t*** or Jags but if the Texans have any aspirations those are the W column.

7. tmacfor35

I think the Texans will go 5-1 if they beat Cincy.

That will get the momentum built.

Beat Indy, and you will lock it.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Colts, Bengals, Chargers, and Bills all won.

Steelers, Ravens and Browns all lost.

Kansas and Miami still have to play vs Denver and Jets this week.

Brett Kiesel is out for the season for the Steelers and that's a pretty big blow to the Steeler's defense.

With a Chiefs loss tonight (likely), Texans are one game behind them for the wildcard spot. They will also likely have the tiebreaker assuming Texans keep themselves in playoff contention by winning out. If they can beat Indy somehow, it is very possible to win out.
    But winning vs Indy assuming JJo misses the game (injured his Achillies vs t***) will be very tough.

Dolphins have a easy schedule remaining. Jets x 2, Vikings, Pats, and Ravens. We need them to lose 2 of these.

What we need to hope for:

ROOT FOR THE BENGALS

9. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

As this team should beat Jacksonville twice, and will likely lose to Indy, it really will depend on that Baltimore game.

Honestly, I'll take 8-8 or 9-7 regardless of playoffs... as long as the team continues to make noticeable progress. While the Titans are an awful team, the Texans did execute certain plays (especially in the red zone) that would have you optimistic in the future.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I agree...the team is executing much better now than they were at the beginning of the year. The OLine and play calling have dramatically improved.

I remember the first half of the year, the offense would have such vanilla passing plays...then when we'd fall behind and need points in the 2nd half, BOB would open up the offense and Fitz was able to make some throws and get the team back into contention. I always wondered why we wouldnt just start the game being aggressive with the passing game and put the defense on their heels.

In the Cleveland game, we came out firing...and we did that against Tennessee as well. We actually did it against Cincy too, but Mallett was way off. If we keep up that urgency on offense, I actually think we have a solid enough team to possibly run the table or at least go 3-1 to end the season. I'd be stoked with that regardless of playoffs.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yeah it seems as if BOB started to open up his playbook after the bye week

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The way I see it, the Texans beat the Jags twice, could take the Ravens, and need a miracle against the Colts. If they can get all 4, they make the playoffs, if they don't get all 4....well at least they showed significant improvement over last season.

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I think the big takeaway from yesterday is that this team truly looks like it's a very good QB away from being a playoff contender.

They force turnovers; that alone will guarantee you'll be competitive. If you can combine that with a QB who can take advantage of those turnovers... that's a receipe for 10+ wins every year.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm also taking away the fact that BOB can get more out of lesser QB's... and we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt as to why he passed on all of last year's overhyped 1st round QB's and give him a chance to mold the guy he wants (whether its Savage, future FA, or future draft pick).

While nobody should ever be confusing Fitzpatrick as the future QB of this team... BOB has him playing smarter/more efficient/less mistake football than he ever has before. Fitz probably wishes he could rewind 5 years ago and get into this type of read/react offense earlier.

16. conquistador#11

a miracle or watt accidentally landing on top of luck after he has thrown the ball, making it his 3rd qb this season he accidentally injured, nothing intentional we wouldn't want that.

what am i talking about. vince young right out of the cheesecake factory today could line up for indy in indy and beat us. we're never winning there. EVER! we just need to finish 9-7 and hope everyone else does too. they all play each other.:p

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Basically, root for the current division leaders (Bengals/Pats/Broncos) to win, and the Colts to lose.

18. Indaface

Indaface Member

I played around with the playoff simulator earlier and it's pretty much this, win out practically guarantees them the #5 seed.

They can lose one and still get in but need Pitt and KC to be the ones taking multiple losses. Would be really tough to get in 9-7. Buffalo/Cleveland and SD have tough schedules to finish off.

Division is out of the picture unless Indy loses 3 more and the Texans win out.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, we're all JFF fans this week, I always thought that despite the fact that he's not going to be an NFL caliber QB he might have a few miracle wins in him, let's hope it's this week.

20. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Lettuce pray...