1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In Defense of More Howard Post Touches

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eqsharp, May 23, 2016.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

everytime he's on the defensive end of the court... oh wait, he gets his way AND he still quits on D on an ongoing basis...

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO...

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Then Show me. Stop making **** up. Everything with Howard has concrete evidence and proof from the horses mouth but when you guys say stuff about Harden you can't provide a stat or reference for anything you say and it's because it's what you think MAY have happened, it's not reality.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I know many of you have lost faith inHoward. It still doesn't change the fact that he is still one of the top big men in the league and right now that is all the Rockets can ask for. They should not be so quick to get rid of him.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Here's a stat. Record holder in turnovers during a playoff series.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Stop making stuff up. Wtf are talking about dude. Do you even watch the freaking games. Go back and watch our 1st game against the Mavericks.

And dude I know Howard quit. I didn't need to hear it from the horses mouth.

Prove I stat of him quitting on plays on the defensive end. Bruh they have made several gifs of that ****. Bwhahaha

Off the chains

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Still waiting on the concrete proof of your bull**** post.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So turnovers are proof of quitting in your world?

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Coachbadlee this dude said provide a stat of Harden quitting on defense. Man that's the funniest skit I've read on here in a while. Hahaha all these gifs and videos of Harden's horrific defense and he needs proof.

10. BackdoorHarden

He's also a big liar

Magic Johnson says Dwight Howard is lying -- telling TMZ Sports he NEVER told DH that he had no chance of making it to the NBA back when he was in 10th grade.

Howard made the claims Tuesday night on "Inside the NBA" -- telling Charles Barkley that naysayers like Magic Johnson have motivated to be a great player for years.

"I’ll never forget the day I came in here and you [Charles Barkley] told me I wasn’t going to be good in the NBA. And I’ll never forget the day that Magic Johnson said I wasn’t going to make it to the NBA when I was in the 10th grade. And that stuff drives me every day to want to be one of the greatest players to play the game."

Since dream-crushing doesn't exactly sound like the Magic we all know, we called him up for comment -- and were given the following statement:

"I never said that to him." -- Magic Johnson

So, who ya gonna believe? Seems pretty obvious to us ...

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I named one game for you dude. In pretty sure you DVR all the games. So go look at it again. I was at that game and Harden was constantly getting beat off of backdoor plays and ****

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Not just on defense provide proof of what you said. Again being bad at something or being physically tired are not the same thing as quitting. It's not in the same category. Harden plays bad D you get no argument with that, but a quitter, who demanded Mchale be fired? Please provide proof of your made up bull**** and don't run to coach baldee for support, lol.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden is bad at defense we both know that. You said he was a quitter and he demanded Mchale be fired, show me proof.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

My bad. But they do call him Har_en for a reason.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It doesn't take a Rockets scientist to know who got McHale fired. And you know darn well that it's not on record. McHale would never come out and say the real reason why he was fired.

Dude I don't need any support. Just find it hilarious that you didn't see Harden quitting on the defensive end.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen you post this exact comment in more than one thread, so I'll go ahead and repost my response again here. Calling Dwight a "liar" about this is almost certainly an overstatement. I cannot believe that Magic Johnson remembers EVERY statement he has ever made to a 10th grade high school basketball player over the past 20 or 30 years. Whereas Dwight has told this story for years and years without modification:

http://www.vladtv.com/article/49152/magic-johnson-told-dwight-howard-he-would-never-play-in-the-nba

So while I get that you don't like Dwight, ease up on the 'Dwight's a liar' narrative. Who knows what Magic said to Dwight 15 years ago, but certainly WHATEVER he said lit a fire under Dwight's fanny to bulk up and make it to the pros.

17. BackdoorHarden

Dwight's AGENT ALERT:eek:

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think you did in your prior post, but you have in this one.

You are looking at FG% for your analysis - that's the flaw. You need to include turnovers and free throws.

Howard is far less than .82 or whatever because he turns the ball over and sucks at free throws. You throw it into Howard - it's not just his fg% that matters.

Harden taking a 7 foot shot might be horribly inefficient from a fg% stance, but still far more efficient if you include the points it generates from free throws.

You can't do the analysis you are doing here - it's simply not the full picture.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So basically you just admitted you lied about knowing Harden got Mchale fired. Stop making **** up, what's the point of posting if you have to lie. I see why you support Dwight you are not living in reality either, lol.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

When it comes to Dwight we have mountains of evidence, quotes, references, testimony from his old organizations and they ALL SAY THE SAME EXACT THING. That's not a coincidence. Im sorry I beleive Magic Johnson, Steve Nash, Mike D'antoni, Van Gundy, Kobe Bryant, Jason Terry, Rashad Lewis, JJ Reddick, the list goes on and on. Meanwhile you guys are making **** up about Harden. He's not perfect and he is a bad defender but he sure as hell is not a quitter or a big 31 year old immature baby.