1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impressed by Westbrook's Stats?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HTM, Dec 10, 2016.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just for the record, the difference in offensive efficiency between Harden and Westbrook, is greater than the difference between Westbrook and Corey Brewer. Just let that sink in for a moment. BUT BUT BUT. TRIPLE DOUBLES.

JH: 60.0 TS% (+6.4%)
    WB: 53.6 TS%
    CB: 48.7 TS% (-4.9%)

split41, oelman44, Cashmoney and 2 others like this.
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Rw has a higher drr than Anthony Davis. What Westbrook is doing is crazy. Hasn't been done in 49 years. Stop trying margenlize his effort.

3. larsv8

I am not marginalizing it, it is unprecedented, its just not as good as Harden's year.

4. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I'll be honest, it's very impressive what WB is doing but I'm just realy tired of hearing about it day in and day out.

#65 ROXonROXonROX, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

You must be forking hate Bev and Harden this year.

6. HTM

HTM Member

Not really, what I find distasteful is a guy ripping rebounds out of their bigs hands to chase stats and lobbying stat keepers to pad stats.

I don't think the stats are that impressive when you are clearly a big time stats chaser and have a license to do whatever you want on the team.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah, you are so right. There have been TONS of stat chasers in the NBA over the years, and so many of them averaged a triple double. It's sooo easy.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I've never seen a team plan to get their PG rebounds like this. In every game, there are quite a few easy rebounds available. It was always accepted that those belonged to the big man. Back in the day they would have killed a guard for trying to steal one of their boards.

It's still extremely impressive, but they are visibly making it a point to get him some extra rebounds.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Nah, you were clearly implying that Westbrook's performance is closer to Brewer than to Harden. If that's not marginalizing, I don't know what.

10. HTM

HTM Member

If you take 20 - 25 shots a game you should be able to get 10 pts easily... the 1st part of the triple double

If you handle the ball almost exclusively every single possession for 38ish minutes you should be able to get 10 assists

If you call off your bigs to grab cheap rebounds you'll get to 10.

Yes, when your usage is as high as WB's your stats should be that high too.

Rockets4Life13 and YaoMing#1 like this.
  11. larsv8

Simply showing the gap between the two in scoring efficiency.

Marginalizing would be saying Westbrook is not good, which I am not saying or implying.

Exiled likes this.
  12. jsingles

jsingles Member

7-25 tonight isn't going to help any of it.

HardenTime likes this.
  13. BackdoorHarden

If stats made you a great player and a MVP season, this guy would have won MVP, but he wasn't even an ALL STAR:

27 points, 11 assists, 2 steals, 4 rebounds. He averaged this over an entire season.

Guess he's name. Probably a Hall of Fame PG, right?

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It is very different to average a double double to a triple double....

Wow.

Some people.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Harden you have a point he does get rebounds left for him sometimes.

Saying Bev is doing the same thing is 100% incorrect.

Westbrook is trying his hardest to get defensive rebounds that his teammates are in better positions for - Bev is ducking through 5 opposing players chasing offensive rebounds.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

His stats are cool but go watch him play... it's ugly... IMO at least.

I don't even think it's close In the comparison of Harden and Westbrook.

Harden is way better even tho they both put up similar numbers. Harden is literally better than Westbrook in every aspect of basketball, much better scorer/shooter/playmaker.

And Harden is avg 8 rebounds a game. I'm not going to sit here and say that Russ has this huge gap in that department either.

And the rockets are 19-7 to okc 15-11.

I'm not a Mark Cuban guy but he's right when he says harden controls the whole game and Westbrook doesn't. Russ puts pressure on teams because he's going full throttle at all times but playing that fast leads to a lot of mistakes especially in crunch time. Harden dictates a whole teams defense with one or two dribbles or with his eyes.

The only player I've seen in the last 10 years do what harden is doing now is Lebron James.

This is why the rockets really could unseat the Warriors. I don't think any team in the west has a better shot at beating GS in 7 games than the rockets. We have James Harden those other teams don't.

17. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Like others i am not impressed with the games i've seen him play due to the fact that the team has been giving him rebounds for a while. This is not new for this year they been doing it for a few years now. The difference between Harden and Westbrook is that Harden's team is going after rebounds (like they should) and Westbrook's team are hard coded to let him get the rebound. Westbrook will owe allot of his career to Steven Adams IMHO.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Let me start by saying the triple doubles are impressive. No one should say they aren't.

It's also true that he is aware of the triple double thing and goes out of his way to work for them even if it is outside of the team's best interest. He had one where he left his man on the perimeter and jumped in front of Adams to get the rebound. On another play he did the same thing but missed the rebound and his guy got a 3.

Westbrook wants to win no doubt, but I think he is similar to Iverson in the sense that he thinks winning means he needs to individually beat the other team instead of working within a team.

Now, Harden can also be guilt of stat chasing. Heck, just last night he was barking about wanting an assist on an Ariza three when Ariza moved but didn't dribble lol.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like stat chasing for assists more than rebounds

Unselfish and selfish at the same time lol