1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impossible basketball shot with baseball bat

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by joesr, Oct 31, 2009.

1. kikimama

kikimama Member

The velocity of his swing does not match the distance the ball traveled. A basketball is like almost 1.5 pounds. It would take a lot out of me to just hit a small baseball that far. They could have at least swung harder. I guess a lot of you believe those full court jumpers lebron did a while back was real. Ball always seems to go out of frame.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

But to do it on camera? Crap like this happens, but I don't think while intentionally filming it.

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i'm not saying it couldn't be fake (the ball going off camera is always convenient) but it pretty much looks exactly like you think it would. the distance doesn't seem all that crazy (unless i just can't tell how far it is). it seems like a reasonably strong person could hit a well-inflated basketball that far. the ball curving makes a lot more sense than having a straight flight path. as for doing it on camera, of course they did it on camera because they presumably filmed it until they got it.

and why are people talking about the bat bouncing back and hitting you? i think i've hit a basketball before and your bat just slows down (a lot) as you go through the ball.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The balloon boy has more cred than this vid.

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I cant look the vid, its says: "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation"

So if its was a homemade vid, what terms of use violation were broken?? :confused: