1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Importance of inside game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mkahanek, Nov 22, 2015.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I don't generally start threads as any and everything to discuss about this team generally has 12 threads already.

But, I find myself wondering just where this disaster went off the cliff.

Could we just sorely be lacking a serviceable inside threat? Could it be that simply (and complicated).

Last year we had a good low post threat in DMO. Jones when he decided not to be soft. D12 even.

This year we are establishing ZIP as far as an inside game. Without it there is no daylight for Ariza, Harden, Thornton, you name him to get a clear look. In my opinion this lack of space is worth several of the percentage points we have lost at the arc. It is also causing Harden to not be able to finish inside which alters his mindset to search for fouls and chunk threes (contested). This year D12, who's inside game isn't exactly stellar, isn't getting any looks inside to even begin to establish an inside game.

I know we miss DMO. But, could we REALLY be missing what he brings? To me that is a glaring need this year that has spread to other areas of our game. There is a huge difference in shooting a three with an extra second due to respect of an inside game that we no longer have.

Maybe DMO's return will help. Maybe it won't. Those are my thoughts on where this train derailed.

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

It started game 1 of the Clippers series

3. OpenLayup-Why3?

They're not giving it down low to superstar like Dwight, no way they're gonna give more than couple post ups for DMo. We need to fire everyone in the staff, not just McHale.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what part of healthy 'dwight and dmo' does cf not understand? once they're healthy, and the team learns the basic rule of passing it to the big guy down low, we'll have an inside game. till then keep writing tweets or w/e on the rockets players twitter accounts to PASS THE ****IN BALL TO DWIGHT AND DMO WHEN HE'S BACK!