1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Impeach, or not? A poll on the current status.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Sep 25, 2019.

?

Would you vote to start impeachment proceedings based upon current information?

Poll closed Oct 2, 2019.
  1. Yes

75 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Same.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's always the right time to do the right thing. Trump is a liar and a clown so he'll contrive any number of things for his dorky, ignorant followers to get riled up about no matter what Democrats do. The way to combat that is not to lay low and let him do whatever he wants.

mdrowe00 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Is everyone going to harp on this while just being a-ok with the amount of power freaking Jared Kushner (and to a lesser extent Ivanka) have had in this administration? They've let Kushner handle a ridiculous amount of foreign policy things and he isn't qualified in the slightest.

Anyone who isn't blinded by partisanship and is mad about the Biden thing should be more mad that Trump did the same thing for positions that aren't in Ukraine and directly affect our well-being!

CometsWin and RayRay10 like this.
  5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lol...where did i say i was "a-ok" with the trump family and their business dealings?

i cited him and his family violating the emoluments clause as justification for impeachment and in the post you quoted i said "its a total joke that trump would be the one to call out biden here".

the fact that i am willing to call out both trump and biden shows that im not "blinded by partisanship".

6. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

My response was more an in general response. I didn't mean to call you out specifically.

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

i am doubtful that many GOP support impeachment.

Nook likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The ones that are embarrassed by Trump and see a way to rebrand their party will......they need to kick Bubba and the fake Christians out.

DD

Eric Riley likes this.
  9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

We can all hope.

10. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

yet you did. you were directly responding to my post so its hard to see your post any other way.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

An excellent part of the polling result:
    73% of people who don't know how to identify themselves politically are also not sure if impeachment is a good idea. :D

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This poll... is a statement of IF x then y. Not IF x’ where ‘ is after public manipulation then y.

Just saying. A better barometer is how the public has shifted after these events (still evolving) are known.

Like this one:

But whatever the polls, you do your duty and let the chips fall where it may.

AleksandarN and Deckard like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Russia Gate was a slap on the wrist for the "Give Trump a Chance" swing voters.

Who really knows what will happen in the next year.

14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

If your answer was 'yes', please do indicate in prior posts where you called out the Democrats, over the last 2+ years, for doing just exactly this, on a far grander scale.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will if you can point out where they did that.

AleksandarN and Deckard like this.
  16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

That is probably a good idea, actually. The 'whistleblower' seems very much to have been a contrived plan to get to this point, and further example of the intelligence agencies working against the President. What is in the complaint can still be troubling...but how it came about is equally troubling, and probably more so. Especially when one considers that the actual complaint is hearsay.

Certainly, no one who supported the completely contrived Russia investigation, which went on for over two years based on nothing, would have any problems with the time and effort spent on this.

cml750 and Silent_Bob like this.
  17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

If you're not aware by now of where they did that, there really isn't any point in my trying. The entire Russia hoax was a contrived action designed to sway the election.

18. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Or in 2017 when at the time that Trump was cracking down on immigrants and railing against immigrants taking American jobs and crime his administration expanded a program for unskilled immigrant labor that Trump properties used.[/quote]

Valid things to investigate...more valid than this phone call. Raising the question...why weren't these things the impetus?

This would be worthy of analysis, but not convinced there is anything untoward involved. Saudi Arabia is considered key to our foreign policy in the area, and that may have been the driving force. Personally, I found it troubling, though.

Same as above.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So, because someone noticed Trump doing something illegal and told the whistleblower, it is proof of intel agencies acting to undermine the president?

I don't know if the intel agencies are or aren't doing that. They've done underhanded things before. But that doesn't really seem like proof to me.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

joshuaao likes this.