1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine how good we would be if Morey had not botched the offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 13, 2014.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Really? Are you one of those fans living in Houston who cannot watch the games except on low res internet feeds? D-Mo has not been pushed around at all this season. He is a very very big man.

In case you have not noticed the Rockets play a classic R&R, with the center offset from the rim and the ball and the other three players spread around the arc. Why you may ask? Because it opens up the driving lanes for Harden and one of the most efficient shots in basketball, the three point shot. I have given a R&R explanation many times in the past, and I am not going to type it all in again. Every PF for the Rockets will spend much of his time on the perimeter.

You really really should attempt to understand the modern game of basketball sometime. It makes watching the games so much more enjoyable.

2. Dash

Dash Member

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

No I don't live in Houston anymore and I see every game on a nice big screen.. So I can see clearly has D-mo is constantly getting pushed around by SF down low when he's playing the CENTER position and not the PF.

You can try to spin your so call knowledge of the offense and post as many stats as you like, but the fact is D-mo is a big man with a SF mentality.

If I knew nothing about the Rockets and if I read your post about D-mo I would be wondering a couple of things..
    1) Why is there this big conversation on who should be the starting PF..
    2) Why is Howard starting instead of D-Mo
    3) Why is D-mo not playing more minutes..

T-Man

4. dram1

dram1 Member

Yuck Fou is the nicest thing anyone can think of as a response to such a waste of time.

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

1) D-Mos natural position is center. Jones is pushed around by big centers, and someone needs to be able to back up Howard.
    2) Howard is the best center in basketball.
    3) D-Mo is averaging 21 minutes per game. With Jones out D-Mo is averaging over 30 minutes a game, but that unfortunately is well beyond the minutes he currently can play and not be completely gassed.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Watch these videos

http://stats.nba.com/cvp.html?CFID=...astNGames=0&DateFrom=&DateTo=&mtype=&mtitle=#

7. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

8. TheresTheDagger

The timing of this thread is just...bizarre.

Imagine what he would say about how Morey blew it if we are playing in the finals?

9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

He's trying to some fatal attempt to prove that D-mo is the all-star big man he's trying to make him out to be...

Like trying to put together a highlight film of ALL the GOOD things that D-mo has done, but keeping out the bad things...

Right now he's acting no better than the YOF's.. D-mo is a decent player, but he's not the all-star that he keeps trying to pump up.

T_Man

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is all true, but I think we need to get someone before the trade deadline. July would be one more year but yeah, we still can't be desperate.

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Denton, you haven't gotten over the fact that he's actually done something good? Ariza + Kpap + Terry aren't enough for you? Heck seeing Canaan come along as he has is a big f'ing difference.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

JCDenton is right. We are only 7-1. If Morey hadn't blown it we would be 8-0.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

FIFY :)

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Absolutely not. D-Mo is in the process of developing into a really good starting center in the NBA. I have never said anything but that. But starting centers who can defend very well are the most valuable commodity in the NBA. Just look at Asik. Can't catch, can't shoot, took a full three years to develop as a player and certainly heading towards an eight figure salary this summer. D-Mo is Asik with decent hands and some range.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

[​IMG]

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Thought not. It is magical how quickly T_Man and his like can melt into the woodwork.

19. dragician

dragician Member

couldn't agree more. we're 7-1. :eek:

20. 34to11

34to11 Member

That you see nothing wrong with this is probably the most powerful argument against you yet.

D-Mo is struggling to be a consistent role player.