1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine how good we would be if Morey had not botched the offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

But then he came out and said after thinking on it, he wanted to finish what he
    started in Toronto. He considered his options and made a choice. Morey didn't fail.

As for the OP, and swyyywhatever who has been touting Harden and Parsons being the same player, I just don't understand how it's possible to miss reality by that far. I'm assuming they are both young and haven't ever dealt with things not going as they planned. You always have contingencies, and you also always honor your word. Morey honored his by letting Parsons out of his contract.

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

dunno, maybe, dirk and duncan are old, i figure you mean ariza, nah he wanted the money, he told washington that he wanted 10m per after we offered 8 due to tax and cost of living.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Don't forget Ariza, Papa, and the NOP pick.

4. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

But yeah, only two superstars that are best in the league at their positions in three years? What have you done for us lately, Daryl? Silly OP. Trix are for kids. Have some.

1 person likes this.
  5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Imagine if Parsons stayed on our team and McHale called him out of shape and Parsons posted a picture of his effin' tummy! We have a team of men this year. We're better off without The Parsons Show.

6. Possum

Possum Member

I you want to participate in intelligent and cordial exchange of ideas, please stop posting trash like this. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank you.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Even though some say Morey 'botched" the off season, Morey came out immediately after and confidently said that the Rockets got better this offseason. Sports pundits scoffed, Fans incredulously laughed.

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

if he did he wouldnt have screwed us and put the pressure on us to sign him so soon or decline out of no where.

9. alethios

alethios Member

It was a Bosh Botch.

10. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

What I find funny is, OP failed to pay attention at the FACT we were at Lowry's door at midnight July 1, and Lowry decided not to sign with Houston. Then, he decided to not educate himself by seeing if we signed Parsons, we couldn't sign KPap, who's been fabulous. He also forgot to check the stat sheets, and find that we would have 20 less shots as Parsons would eat them up and play sub par D.

Good post OP, too bad all of your accounts were unfounded. Glad Morey is our GM and not you. I remember you posting better than this....

11. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Next time just shut it before you post something dumb like this. Thank goodness you are not the GM. Show some respect and give credit to D Morey!

12. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

How I do wish Morey got the signatures he wanted.

Dwight, Bosh, Ariza, Harden and Lowry.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

technically, wouldn't that be Dwight, Harden and Melo? I mean, Melo was DMs FIRST choice this offseason (other than Bron of course...)

and I don't think Lowry, Bosh and Ariza could have all been acquired within the cap... a signing of Bosh (or Melo) woulda eliminated the possibility of Lowry or Ariza... but we coulda kept an overpaid Parsons.. ;)

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey always smoke screens, you should know that by now. You have to double guess and double check whom he really wants.

I would say Lebron and Durant over someone like Melo. ;)

15. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

As much as i loved the thought of keeping Parsons, watching Kpap play right now is making me glad that we let Parsons walk. Kpap is bringing the real intangibles that we lacked last season in our 3/4. He passes extremely well, plays smart defence and his 3pt shooting is coming along nicely. He is also showing impressive post skills on defence and on offence which is something that we always wanted Parsons to do. I also love Lowry. I would have loved to get Lowry but Harden right now is just showing he is just as willing of a passer, and that he deserves the ball in his hands. This team really might be set to go except for possibly a real back up 5. Hopefully Morey does something about that real soon.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Imagine how good CF would be if people like you wouldn't make these threads.

1 person likes this.
  17. Chamillionaire

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GmfLrVm02vE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I"m happy you like D-Mo, but like the other poster stated, he's still lite especially down low....

He still gets push out of position, he has weak hands, he prefers to play out on the perimeter than down low and at times he still looks lost on the court.

STATS are a bunch of crap because they don't tell the entire story especially for an athlete and some of you guys rely too much on stats.

T_Man

19. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Morey's first choice was Lowry. He was there at midnight on July 1. Melo and Bosh pitch came after, as he thought both guys would stay with their teams. But, in either case, Ariza would not be there if any of the 3 were signed, as it would have eaten our cap space.

20. Manos

Manos Member

His name is Maury, not Murray.