1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine a Harden/Lowry backcourt. Oh, you imagine!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bad_jason, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Who cares, Dragic was on beast mode. He would have hurt alot of more compotent defensive guards anyway. Alot like he did here in Houston last season.

2. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

But we failed...Lowry is still much better(if healthy).

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this current Harden/Lin backcourt nightmare.:confused:

4. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

depressing to see this thread

5. Star

Star Member

Please stop creating these kind of Lin vs post that fuel pointless debates.

Hypothetically speaking, I'm better than Michael Jordan and got 100 championship rings. :mad:

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Give me the linsanity of new york or Dragic over that pouting fat b*stard. Lowry was overrated.

7. hehsy5sy5

hehsy5sy5 Member

You do know the big part of the reason he left is that he refused to rejoin the Rockets unless McHale was fired?

I wonder why :eek: Guess McHale is finally really getting exposed for what he is. A fraud, incompetent coach.

So unless you fire McHale for Lowry, and get a lottery pick like the one we got for Lowry, there's no Harden/Lowry backcourt. I really don't think Lowry is that great; he's probably better than Lin at the moment, but if Lin lives up to his hype then Lin has a much higher ceiling than Lowry. That's a big IF.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'll give you the fat part. Maybe even a little bouncy, but overrated b*stard? Don't think so.:rolleyes:

9. JMG524

JMG524 Member

Funny how people are already giving up on Lin after 5 games. Let's not forget it took both Lowry and Dragic 6 seasons to become significant contributors to their teams. Lin's still learning how to be a starting pg in this league. He has the intangibles, good bball IQ, and a killer work ethic which all equates to a higher ceiling then both those other guys.

1 person likes this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

But we can't tank with that lineup

11. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Excellent thread bad_jason!
    [​IMG]

A Dwight Howard/Kevin Love frontcourt would also be pretty amazing, could you imagine!

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I didnt like him very much. He had a great stretch and then went back to normal dude. He had a bad attitude and once Dragic emerged, he pouted his head off. Instead of outworking Dragic on the court, he took the McGrady pouting road.

13. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Imagine if we drafted Clyde and Sampson, then pair them with Olajuwon. Imagine if Sampson never did fell....

Seriously, I still hope we have Dragic instead of Lin.

14. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

nice one guys rejoice when rockets are down

15. Lihao

Lihao Member

i prefer a Chris Paul/Dwyane Wade backcourt , wow can you imagine?

16. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I can imagine Lowry getting injured.. is that a bad thing?

17. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

It would be incredible because Lowry is able to attack the basket and the defense have to be honest when guarding him. Lowry and Harden would be an incredible backcourt, probably the best in the NBA, it is close to a James Harden and Russell Westbrook backcourt but Lowry (not as much as a explosive scorer) is a smarter player.

But the Raptors lottery pick was the main piece that the Thunders wanted. This deal is more of a " You have to give up something to get something back". I really don't think the Thunders would want all 3 rookies and rather have a guarantee Lottery pick where they can find and draft the player of their choosing rather than all those players. Plus trading all those rookies plus Kmart, the Thunders would have too much players and it would be much tougher to trade.

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

shutup shutup shutup shutup shutup

i don't know what else to say really.

so tired of people wishing for dragic and lowry. they AREN'T HERE. this team is TOTALLY DIFFERENT because they left. Whatever you see WOULD NOT BE if either one was here.

stop it.

19. chen55

chen55 Member

I would like to imagine this one:

Yao
    Scola
    Battier
    Harden
    Lin

20. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Imagine players on the opposing team all got hurt ...