1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm tired of..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freddyg956, Nov 3, 2015.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

That's not really an excuse though. As pointed out before we are the only team with new players. Some teams have whole new systems, new coaches Rookie point guards. They did't start the season 0-3 down by 20 each game, breaking the record.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

fixed

3. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Thibs is defensive coach
    Mchale is a players coach

Scotty brooks running offense, thibbs running defense, and mchale the cheerleader would be a wonderful christmas present

1 person likes this.
  4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

To be clear. Thibs does suck on offense. Some coaches suck at certain things and are good at others. Do you not know this by now??

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

+1 LOL

6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Harden isos are perfectly fine when he's against obviously lesser talent.

If he is against a Kawhi. Then set 2 consecutive picks to get the lesser talent switched onto Harden.

If they commit to Harden then during the gap of time switching he needs a cutter and dish

If they double Harden, they need to set an off ball screen to get shooter open.

If they cover the shooters have the open man cut to the basket.

If they try to switch to the cutter (typical center, power forward) then lob it up to Dwight or Capela to throw that crap down.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

so you don't think Thibbs is a better overall coach than McHale.

If you don't then carry on because this statement of "Spurs and Warriors offense's look great because they have better coaches." is laughable

8. alethios

alethios Member

You're expecting McHale to actually design an offense??

When Harden ISO breaks down, we got nothing. Sometimes we run PnRs, but often I see the man setting the screen back out to the 3pt line or get caught in a trap. Defenses have us figured out now - just crowd Harden and watch us flounder. It's painful to watch.

1 person likes this.
  9. ibm

ibm Member

in my mind, a perfect coach should have the ability of the following (and probably in that order in terms of importance):

be able to push his ideas thru and convey them to his players, make them execute;
    excellent in human relations, this incl. with the players, gm, assistants, media, and the team owner etc.;
    has his own system in both offense and defense and clearly define them with creativity;
    in-game adjustment ability;
    has a nose in evaluating and developing talent.

imo very few coaches right now have all or the majority of those qualities. pop is the closest one. both mchale and thibs are on roughly the same level (with different strength and weakness obviously), becoz they both are missing various parts of these qualities, imo.

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Brewer or Thornton trying to run the pick and roll with Lawson just standing around. I kind of get it when hardens out there, but Lawson is by far the best playmaker/decision maker of anyone not named Harden. Last game was so annoying watching other guys turn it over when we've got a perfectly good point guard right there just waiting!!!

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Oh the cry baby speaks again. There are people that want Pops and Kerr or Phil Jackson this team. The world is big enough for anyone to think this way and it's ignorant to think you know for a FACT no one believes this...there are some that have posted that's what they want in previous threads. There are others who want other coaches to coach this team. To argue to make your points with your own propaganda is a waste of time especially when I truly don't care what you think to begin with as your entitled to think how you want as much as anyone else including myself.

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

"Oh the cry baby speaks again. There are people that want Pops and Kerr or Phil Jackson to coach this team"

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

no one is making an excuse. It's common sense. Lawson said last night he realized he had to take more initiative than the previous games 3 games for example...it took him a few games to figure that out versus when he was playing for the Nuggets all these years being accustomed to playing with his teammates...one example

14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We won last night! I have a great idea: start a thread and complain. Nm.. OP already did it. Merge my thread, please.

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

No worries I agree and I think I just took care of it on my end as well :)

16. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

anyways, I'm banking on a much stronger team come June..time will tell. DMO very well might turn out to be the X Factor

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This pretty much hits the nail on the head.

18. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

You know what seemed to work quite well aside from Harden PnR? Dwight sealing his guy deep in the paint and Lawson driving for a quick dump off so Dwight can just jump straight up for an easy bucket and/or foul.

Overall though, the PnR is the most reliable thing we have since we don't have a stretch 4 at the moment.

19. seeingred

seeingred Member

will second that. If Harden's on the bench the ball should be in Lawson's hands right up until he 1) shoots it 2) dishes for an assist. Every possession until someone else proves they are reliable. as for the main point - i think everyone is right. 1) This offense will always be more about PnR and stationary shooters. It will never be the whirling dervish offense of Adelman/Pop/Kerr. We see some secondary action but I just don't see it becoming an Every Play thing (hope i'm wrong)

2) Like the man said, Time and Health will cure a lot of this. There were many times last night where Lawson got into the paint and dropped it off only to have the big not ready for the pass. When the bigs learn to ALWAYS be ready when he's in the paint and when Lawson learns exactly where his teammates will be, this offense will improve

Yes we're a top 5 offense but it's all been predicated on the Beard having a good night. Now we have 3 guys who can beat their man, force a rotation, and "playmake" - Harden, Lawson, and (if he comes back healthy) DMo.

Nitpicks - 1) It takes us too long to get into our offense 2) the "screens" we set (especially off the ball) are sh_t and don't free anyone up 3) Montrezl is not ready to play center.

go rockets.

1 person likes this.
  20. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member