1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm -this- close to saying F the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I'm in my mid/late 40's and I've been a diehard fan of the Rockets my entire life. I'm not watching this crap. I'm done with this series because the result has been decided. I learned my lesson last year, and Game 1 was about what I expected. If the Rockets somehow miraculously advance, I'll tune back in. But the fix is in. The team has as much heart, determination and talent as any Rockets team I've seen. Harden, CP3 and the rest deserve better. But the result has already been decided IMO.

For all you jackasses saying the Rockets should just play harder, shoot better, tune out the refs... I'd like to see how you'd handle this if you spent a decade plus honing your craft, getting better each year, fighting that uphill battle, knowing waaaay better and experiencing much closer first hand how the fix is in. You guys just need to shut the hell up and give the team the props it deserves for that they have to go through.

luckyman76, rockbox, Slim and 4 others like this.
  2. SemisolidSnake

After Game 7 last year, I said I couldn't watch this year. I've always leaned towards "you've just got to play through the bad calls and figure it out," but that game finally cracked me where I believed I was absolutely watching something rigged.

And I didn't watch for much of this year. But, dammit, James Harden doing godlike things this year sucked me back in. To see that the same thing is happening again this playoffs...it's a even more bitter pill than last year.

3. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I stopped watching playoff games live 5 years ago in the Portland series.

If we win, I watch. If we don’t, I don’t.

If we win, the officiating (however bad) wasn’t bad enough to ruin the day.

Whether it is incompetence, injustice, or the Narrative Basketball Association, a sane person should not leave their day in the hands of the Crew Chief, the Referee and the Umpire.

That’s just basic, fundamental sanity 101.

luckyman76 and Slim like this.
  4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m about ready to say **** every association that is involved with the association

luckyman76 and Jake Tower like this.
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I was right there with you. As much as I loved the Rockets I just couldn’t watch anymore until Harden’s incredible run pulled me back in.