1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm -this- close to saying F the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is the **** that really stinks. How can you not see that? You are either blind or you see a foul and you don't call it (it's obviously the second one), in anyone of those case, you shouldn't be allowed to be a referee.

MD_in_Training, macan and chadyang like this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I will not be staying up till midnight when I have to be up at 5 am the next morning like I did for the Jazz games. Screw that.

The NBA sucks for scheduling playoff games that late. They're worse for then fixing them. As a fan, that's not must see tv.

MD_in_Training likes this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

There is a video claiming that rims and basketballs are magnets to rim out the ball. That's how far the league is rigged also.
    Referees are worse than WWE Referees, look away outside interference, kicked in the nuts, cover him, 3 count, he wins.
    That's the Rockets folks. I am box score watching this entire playoffs, why because I get emotional with the Rockets, Astros, that prefer to box score watch. During a Win, I rewatch, in a loss I don't watch.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Warriors are Money Makers in Merchandise, Ratings, thats how WWE Champions work, Kofi the most popular in merchandise sales. Daniel Bryan years ago, most popular merchandise sales, the yes shirts = Championship.
    Hulk Hogan and Macho Man Tag Team, Teaming up together. The Cliq in Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, X Pac, Road Dogg, Ass Man, HHH.

Adam Silver is no doubt a Wrestling fan using this tactic. The most popular team, teaming up together to win a Championship.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  5. macan

macan Member

you forgot about that out of bound play earlier in the season? when it comes to KD or steph, refs would be in blind mode temporarily..

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I'd say its not really anti- rockets as it is rigged for pro-warriors. its just that the rockets last year and this year are the only one's that can get in the way.

Listen the warriors are what the NBA wants as a product. It wants all other teams to play like them. ball movement, player movement, shooting, selflessness. Steph curry in who they want as the face of the league. family man, role model, etc.

What they don't want is teams thinking they can win by playing boring/ugly 1 on 1, FT's, and predictably only shooting 3's. they do not want teams copying the rockets because its bad for business. it loses the fair-weather fans that the warriors bring in. they don't want James to be the face of the league which is why he was robbed for MVP twice and probably for a 3rd time this year. He's not a family man, he's not a role model, he gets drunk and dates strippers. good for him, but not the face of the league.

if you want the NBA to start rigging FOR us, we have to buy into their system and get a star that the parents can use as a role model for their kids. its easy to do, just make these moves and we will be the NBA and sports media darlings:

1) fire Morey and replace him with a well known and respected former player. especially one with global appeal - the answer: Yao Ming
    2) hire a well connected agent to be the GM any of them will do.
    3) hire Becky Hammon to be the head coach, hire former rocket mark Jackson as the associate head coach - the media will fawn over this both because becky would be the first female head coach but also because of Jackson's ESPN ties. Becky can run the spurs motion offense and Jackson is a solid defensive coach anyway.
    4) trade James and Paul for more media friendly / likable players. I think harden for Davis a fair starting point. maybe Paul joins LeBron in LA in a 3 team deal that sends young guys to Washington and we get beal. the media CAN'T WAIT to give the MVP to Davis, if he'd just get on a top 3 seed for once.

There you have it. We get max national TV games, we get the MVP, coach of the year, GM of the year for making those hires/trades. Mark Jackson will get all his media friends to vote for his players, coaches and GM. and we're probably still a top 3 seed depending on how the roster rounds out. most importantly, the NBA would be in favor of us winning! It would be great for global marketing with Yao leading the change in Houston. the best storyline would be a female coach winning a championship.

so that's it. you want the fix to go our way, gotta be the product the NBA wants, with the role models the NBA wants, with the storyline the NBA/ESPN wants.

#46 smoothie, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    daywalker02 likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Will never forget that because it's the most blatant out of bounds no call ever.

For some reason against the Warriors the most putrid bad calls/no calls tend to happen...must be a coincidence.

macan likes this.
  8. dlite316

dlite316 Member

Man I am with u. If we lose this series due to bad officiating, I will stop watching /paying NBA.

MD_in_Training likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We had the Role model, he was a Commie and a Family man but was injury prone.

Yao Ming. And he didn't get Calls.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yeah and paired him with another injury prone star who quit on the team. Yao was robbed. those adelman teams should've won if Yao/tmac were both healthy.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even if we did what you told us in the instruction manual, we'd have to pray to have GSW's talent level to compete in the Finals every year.

That is not a given.

smoothie likes this.
  12. HstnSprtsFan101

It really feels like a lost cause. We clearly match up very well against the Warriors but the Warriors & the refs is an almost impossible feat

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I love the Rockets and I love basketball. The game may sometimes be tainted but I'll never stop watching. I believe the Rockets can win this series despite heavy influence from the zebras in GSWs favor.

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

That's straight up bullshit

BamBam likes this.
  15. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

This isn’t even a joke anymore

I agree

If they screw us out of this series I am done with the nba

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

17. MD_in_Training

Playoff ratings down 19% from last year. F this league. I hope there’s a lockout after the espn/turner contract is done.

rockets1995 and Gray_Jay like this.
  18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

He learned it from Stern. How much money did the league make, selling Magic vs. Bird vs. Dr. J? Then Michael vs all of them, and so on? I imagine games against the Lakers, Celts, Sixers, Bulls, were called just as shady as they are today: we just have better tools for picking the game apart now.

And as for a "don't call fouls league", they tried that, sort of, in the late 90s early 00s. It sucked. Who wants to go back to Finals games like 80-67? Or any of the other scores in that Spurs-Knicks series?

19. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Whoa? You mean Draymond was lying, and the no calls really don't cancel each other out? No way!

20. Victorious

Victorious Member

You'll be back. Every one of yall