1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm sorry it's over. On to 2017-18.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, May 12, 2017.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Frank Mason...yule C.

2. bigred77

bigred77 Member

Well dang... I was about to give bballholic crap for suggesting Frank Mason because I thought for sure he was being projected as a sure fire 1st rounder but I see now he's projected in the 2nd. I agree he would be a great fit for the rockets. Morey has never had issues with short PGs who can shoot. I would be ecstatic to draft him in the 2nd.

I still think Wiltjer = Anderson is ridiculous. Just could not disagree more.

The only rotation changes I see coming from young guys are more minutes for Dekker and/or Troy if they can develop a more consistent 3pt shot. Anything else is going to be veterans that are added via trade or free agency.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there isn't enough talent around harden for the rockets to challenge the top tier

RiceRockets likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I actually know for a fact that it was MDA who wanted Harden to play the point. I'm not going to go into detail because I don't want my guys to catch heat, but just wanted to set the record straight.

MorningZippo and topfive like this.
  5. Chamillionaire

I would believe you, but Jopat has stated otherwise in the latest newsletter.

Pen15clubber and topfive like this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wiltjer = Anderson next season? Not even close.

Wiltjer + proof that he can hit that 3 in the big league + 2 years of seasoning = Anderson, maybe

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Also wouldn't hurt to get the ween surgically removed from his poopis

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol at bbhollic saying harden has always had the vision of being the only creator on the floor. Harden pushed to sign Lawson and I don't think it was for spot up three pointers. What a chode

topfive likes this.
  9. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

This is the real number 1 thing, and what 28 teams face at the moment. The talent divide is so vast.

Not saying that we MDA, Morey, Harden, Anderson etc. etc. can't improve or we can't make adjustments that would bring more success... but I really struggle to think of any way we can make up the difference to what GSW has on paper.

Now I feel depressed. Let's hope we can pull some magic in the off-season.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Slash thread

11. basketballholic

I know that for a fact too. MDA definitely wanted him playing point guard.

I also know for a fact that MDA did not want Harden playing point guard exclusively. Nor did he want Harden to be the only distributor in the rotation. Nor did he view Bev as a distributor. Nor does he view Bev or Gordon or Lou as distributors.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A creator is fine with me... I would want to see 3 Ben Wallaces placed around Harden. Unrealistic.

13. theh

theh Member

Sadly, 2017-2018 is already over as well. No chance to beat the Warriors.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dont accept your apology. i especially dont accept ryan anderson's apology. aint no way im gm and letting someone average 9 points in the playoffs with garbage efficiency, not without an ass whooping.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

except you forgot about the part where curry and durant aren't gonna sign 1 year deals, they're gonna sign 3-5 year deals.

lets see ... 5years of warriors v cavs, random spurs appearance due to warriors injuries. by tehn harden will be done but still 2 years of max money so bad lottery picks. so thats an extra 2 years so now its 7 years THEn good lottery picks. need 3 of them to get a superstar so thats 3 years. so now were in year 10. most of us will be dead by a nuke or aliens. but youngns need time to develop so thats at least 3 years so 13-14 years from now will be rockets next shot at a title IF they continue to build around the second option that is james harden.

yup

Pen15clubber and MorningZippo like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not have to be a clairvoyant but I will know that some of us will cry that we should have done more in Harden's prime in terms of trades, signings.

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda.....continue.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

what like signing a 9ppg/20 3pt% playoff guy to 80 million guaranteed? yup, coulda done something else there.

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Confirmed.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Sounds about right. MDA - and everyone in the NBA - likes having multiple playmakers. Lou, Bev, and Gordon are ok but not great. So sure, he'd like to have some more playmakers. I think it's pretty clear our offense as-is was stifled by the Spurs, and would similarly be stifled by other teams with good defensive schemes and coaches in the playoffs.

In my mind, having a genuine playmaking wing/forward in Ariza's place would go a long way towards making our offense more diverse. I like Ariza and don't want him to leave, but it would be really nice to have a guy who could do more than spot up 3s at that position.

basketballholic likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

what like watching a $30mil player quit in an elimination at home. yup, coulda done something else there