1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm sorry but am I the only one who thinks Toronto will be good?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eddiewinslow, Jul 5, 2012.

1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

That Suns team was going nowhere

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

3-6 when he came off the bench.

21-17 when he did.

One might take that to say when he came back, he was actually hurting the team.

3. juicystream

The Bulls were still winning without Rose. They had a very good record without him. Over 19 games, that is enough to say it was more than luck.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's my point.

5. juicystream

They may not, but who is counting on them to? I said they might contend for a playoff spot, along with the Wizards, Raptors, Bucks, Hawks & Magic.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Raptors shouldnt be much better. They sure do not have the talent to. Stranger things have happened if the east is truly that weak. Maybe the 9th pick next year? Maybe 10th?

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

They are gonna trade Deng or Noah.. and will not have Rose

either way if they lose either, they will be worse( they are still a playoff team though)

8. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Dwayne Casey had those guys playing very well. Andrea was playing like an All-Star before he got injured in Utah, i have the league pass

9. seyton

seyton Member

nah, we'll get like the 17th pick 6 years from now. it'll be sweet.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Toronto with their current roster is most likely netting us a pick in the 10-14 range. Chance they could go into the 15-18 range. That's not a good return for Lowry and garbage player.

11. juicystream

Nope.

2018, Rockets have #1 pick from Dallas, #2 pick from Raptors, and their own #3 pick.

What a glorious draft it will be...

12. juicystream

If it is 15-18, the Raptors keep the pick.

13. smr6

smr6 Member

Raptors should be better than

Bobcats
    Cavs
    Pistons
    Rockets
    Suns
    Kings

And 50/50 with

Hornets (Depending on how the rookies and Gordon do most likely will be worse than Raptors)
    Warriors
    Magic (Depends if Dwight is gone or not)
    Blazers

Best case scenario we would be looking at #7 pick I would think. Obviously all that is based on opinion so it is subjective from one person to another.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah - Toronto is going to be AWESOME.

They bring in Lowry - but PG was one of their best positions last season.

They add a rookie (Ross) and sign Fields (maybe) to compete for time with one of their other best positions (SG)

The 'upgrade' to the roster is mainly through Valanciunus --> but bringing in a 20 year old center hardly means they'll be awesome straight away. Normally takes big guys a while to adjust physically - sure he might stuff the stats, but I doubt he dominates right out of the gate.
    I still think the Raptors will get pushed around and be in the lottery. The Nets will improve more than them.

15. Garner

Garner Member

Don't forget their eurostash center, Valencia's, and their rookie center

Definite playoff team.

16. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Toronto should do very well.

Adding Lowry and Jonas Valanciunas instantly changes the culture of the team with their toughness, rebounding, and defense.

They shored up on their perimeter defense with the additions of Ross and Fields. I think Landry Fields is a very underrated acquisition. He's an intelligent defender who will excel in Dwayne Casey's man-to-man, switch, zone defensive scheme.

Bargnani will be the best offensive big Lowry will have played the pick-and-roll/pop with.

I like Toronto's depth @ their front line positions, they have perimeter defenders, and they have plenty of good outside shooters.

This could easily be the best team to don the Raptor's jersey, which may not mean much most, but I think they are very capable of challenging for the 4th or the 5th spot in the Eastern Conference, which is looking really weak after the Miami Heat, with the injury to Rose, the trade/back injury of D. Howard, and perhaps the loss of Hibbert to the Western Conference.[/I]

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Of course Toronto will be good. Otherwise, the pick we seem to be getting from them would have a great deal of value. Does not compute in the current World of Rockets, folks.

18. liveguy

liveguy Member

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Toronto so far are better than the Rockets and Hawks.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

With the Rockets luck, Ross and Valanciunas will probably come in and play at an all star level. It just seems to be the Rockets luck.

But if I'm being honest, I just don't see Toronto being all that good this season. They will be a mid lottery team I think.