1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IM SICK OF SOME ROCKETS FANS...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bilaal14, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I like to consider myself a good , smart fan …. and I've been a fan of this franchise since …. 1967 , a true diehard. I've watched them trade away a league MVP , weathered back to back seasons of 14-68 and 29-53 and a stretch of .500 teams after Yao and McGrady.

Last year was special …. almost as special as the back to back championships.

This year , not so much and other than Harden & Capela , the future doesn't look all that bright. Father time catching up to CP3 in a hurry , the rest of the team on vet min deals , no assets or movable contracts to ADD talent to the existing group - if you add anything you have to subtract something.

Going into the offseason we'll have Rivers , Faried , Green , Shumpert , Baldwin & Stauskus all expiring and only early bird , veterans minimum deals and the MLE to add or retain players.

If you use the MLE on someone else , how many of the above are returning on early Bird (120%) or min deals ?! If you use the MLE on the above , how do you add talent to the team with no assets ? Some of them wont be back and we'll have nothing but vet mins to replace them with.

There are already three others on min deals in Hartenstein , Clark and Ennis.

Next years roster looks to have at least 4-5 more minimum contracts making a total of 8-9 - depending upon what they do with the MLE and how the House saga plays out.

I was wondering if something was wrong with him …. or if he was just …. click it (NSFW).

It doesn't - it actually severely limited what they can do next year - and worst of all , it didn't get them under the cap (Yet - still potential moves out there to do that).

#61 Corrosion, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    ramotadab likes this.
  2. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

The Eric Gordon injury bug that we miraculously avoided last season has finally reared its inevitable head this season. If you look at his career, we've been remarkably lucky in avoiding it to this point. He has also lost his shooting touch. As much as I like Gordon, he needs to be replaced with someone younger and sturdier, who's on the upside of a career, not the downside. Chris Paul is declining and injury prone. The team isn't as good as last year's team, and other teams in both the West and East really have gotten better. Never mind all this silly talk about how to beat Golden State. The Rockets don't have enough to get past several other teams. They're headed for a quick out in the playoffs without significant upgrades. It's looking like last season was their shot and from here on out they're just spinning their wheels. It's a shame, as good as Harden is.

#62 Corpusfan, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    ramotadab likes this.
  3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

This team %100 healthy can beat anyone and I truly mean it, even with boogie on the warriors I have no doubt in my mind that we can take them to 7 games and possibly beat them. Jimmy is playing out of his mind and cp3 and capela will be ready come playoff time.

ramotadab likes this.
  4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The way Harden is playing , you have a punchers chance …. but it would be nice to have a bit more talent.

My main gripe is the way it ties your hands next season with no cap space , no picks , no significant TPE's and a bevy of free agents and only the MLE other than minimums.
    We literally have to hope Rivers and Faried like it here enough to take their early bird numbers which they are significantly outplaying so we have the MLE to add another piece.

ramotadab and ryano2009 like this.
  5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Agree, will see how morey will manage this roster this off season. Am pretty he learned his lesson from this egregious past off season and will do better job constructing it.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Yeah, meanwhile GSW beats teams by 40 while their stars plays less than 30 min.

Yeah, I think we are fine also :rolleyes:

7. Raven

Raven Member

He's going to leave when he becomes a FA, and I don't blame him.

8. Homey the Clown

I just don't like homers and their irrational hot takes. I thought this place was bad with it until I went to reddit. Rockets fans on reddit are super homers. I get having faith in your team but...wow.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You are not the boss of them.

DD