1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IM SICK OF SOME ROCKETS FANS...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bilaal14, Feb 6, 2019.

1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

How many dunks will cauley Stein put on Ennis tonight!

Will James Ennis avoid the paint in order to avoid getting put on a highlight like the nuggets game!

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

He will put zero on Ennis.
    What's your prediction?

3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

All Ennis gonna do is avoid the paint by playing "no man's" land defense either on the baseline or wing, and he's gonna let Tucker do the dirty work like Chuck hayes used to do.

Ennis prays for cherry pick layup opportunities or quick three's.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What is our record against Golden State this season?

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

To all the fans that think Morey is just content with letting Harden carry the load, just remember he most recently tried very hard to get Butler here. It takes two to tango. Before that many of you wanted Melo as your savior for years, he was all over him in free agency, thankfully he past on the Rockets, but as we know this last off season he was brought in and flopped. Morey tried.

He brought in one of the best player available 2 years ago in CP3, which lead to the best record in the league. Refs tilted the most of the series so much that many believe the fix was in. The players puckered in game 7. But Morey did his job.

This off seasons blame on Ennis is overblown, I agree he hasn't been a glove on defense but as a role player making 1.6 MILLION he is doing fine. He is hitting the 3 and looking a little better each game. Ariza, and I LOVE Ariza, has an effective field goal percentage of .484 and he's making $15MILLION. BTW Ennis has EFG% .607 that's really good for a 1.6m role player. Luc Mbah a Moute is make 4.3 MILLION and he played 4 games not much more to say about letting him go. So save your Morey let them walk talk, it was the correct move.

This team just needs to be health and they have a shot. Harden is hungry and he is better than any player in the league on offense. I don't think he is just looking for another MVP title, he wants MORE. That is the same formula that won Hakeem 1st title vs Knicks, Jordan 1st title vs the Lakers in 91.

During that first title run most doubted the Rockets had enough firepower to win the title. Sometimes in basketball the best player on the planet can just carry you to a title. The Rockets went through a Portland team that had some decent talent lead by Cliff Robinson, Drexler, Rod Strickland and very good role players in Terry Porter, Buck Williams and Harvey Grant. Dream at 31 years old carried with 34ppg 11R 5A 4B

The Suns were load with talent Barkley, Kevin Johnson, Dan Marjerle in their prime, they had a young Cedick Ceballos scoring 19 ppg , and vets AC Green and Danny Ainge helping out. It didn't matter Dream carried 29/14/5/4

Utah wasn't as deep as the Suns but Malone and Stockton were in their prime surefire hall of famers. At the time probably the toughest play to stop in the NBA was their pick and roll. Dream carried 28/10/4/4

The finals vs. the Knicks. Ewing, Derek Harper and Jon Starks were by far the best defensive team in the league under legendary Pat Riley. Oakley and Mason were incredible tough on defense. Dream carried again 27/9/4/4.

Jordan did the nearly the same thing on his first title. The Lakers had won it all 87 & 88 Then the Pistons took over and beat the Lakers 89 and started their baby dynasty until in 91Jordan unleashed on them in the ECF with a 30ppg 5R 7A 2B 2S, Then he blasted the Lakers in the finals. 31/7/11/3.

I see something different in Harden now. He just needs his role players healthy and he can carry. Clint is returning soon, CP3 and Gordon's shot need to round in to form. Faried is fitting in nicely. At the very least House will be back, if no one comes in a trade or buy out that can help.

Just enjoy the ride, if they ultimately fall short, you'll live, If they manage to break through then you'll have some great memories like I do from the Rockets 1st title. "How sweet it is"

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

AWESOME

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sick of non Rockets fans
    Why are they here on Clutchfans?
    to troll? of course

steddinotayto, bilaal14 and sirbaihu like this.
  8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Their fantasy: "Ya Dude, I'm better than an NBA player! To me, this athletic millionaire is a pathetic scrub. Truth be told, I consider several of the Rockets players to be garbage. My standards are a little higher than that."

tinman likes this.
  9. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for reading, it was long but needs to be said.

rgw20014life likes this.
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Its all coming together.

:D

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don’t like some rockets fans that deluded themselves about the health and availability of Chris Paul, and willfully omit the fact that his injury proneness is a hige liability for our team.

12. seeingred

seeingred Member

I remember rooting for Kevin Martin, Aaron Brooks, Luis Scola and thinking how impossible it is to get a star player when you can't tank. The fact that we got Harden for KMart and scraps was a miracle.

Turns out that was just Level 1 on the contention ladder. Level 2 was signing Chris Paul and developing Capela. Everytime you progress you lose picks, assets, and cap space. Expecting Morey to add a Beal or Butler to this roster just seems a bridge too far. I have no doubt he's offering all we have... but I can't see our offer being the Best Offer for anyone in that tier.

A disappointing, flawed yet talented player, owed big money seems more likely. An Andrew Wiggins type. Or duck under the luxury tax and try again next year when GSW breaks up the superfriends.

jordnnnn likes this.
  13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Great assessment. :rolleyes: Ennis' +/- was +23. Best on the team. Not good enough?

14. farhen

farhen Member

calm down

15. YaoMingsSoulja

you should ignore those people man. They don't use their brains.

bilaal14 likes this.
  16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

These achilles injuries players have been suffering, has it actually increased or am i just sufferinf recency bias?

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thanks for dropping by, Tilman.

RichieBanks likes this.
  18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The same idiots who are constantly yelling about needing more star power - are the same ones that will then turn around and rage because we have to fill the roster out with min contracts... or as they put it "a third of roster is unplayable scrubs..."

its like some people dont understand the concept of working within a salary cap, limiting luxury taxes and having desirable tradeable assets... they just want more more more - and love to point out 'its not their money...' when you mention how fiscally irresponsible their desires are......smh...

and yes, if we can hit the playoffs rested and healthy - we can beat anybody!

...of course, that would necessitate resting guys (including stars) and maybe sacrificing a few extra games... none of which would sit well with the stat obsessed fan boys (or MDA)... but thats another rant... lol ;)

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You sir, get it.

20. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

I cant stand people like this bum in this gif that try to act cool.

bilaal14 and RichieBanks like this.