1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm sick of seeing young guys with long beards

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No, I'm not talking about guys that can actually grow them and male them look decent like Harden and Keuchel and Fitzpatrick. Those are fine

I'm talking about hipsters. All these random young baseball guus and general douchenozzles that walk around looking like they have a bag of Scott Tenorman's pubes glued to their faces. If you can't make it look even decent, don't do it. It doesn't make you look cool.

And before anyone asks, no homo, and I'm of the age group that I'm talking about (28).

Anyone else with me?

Disclaimer: final thread-starting straw was Sam Dyson's insertion into this game.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I don't spend my free time looking at guys

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I suppose next you'll tell me that you're sick of man-buns too.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If it's true that these guys look like idiots with those beards, then you should encourage more guys to have those beards. It will make you look better by comparison.

See: Costanza, George on pigmen

1 person likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Could u show us a example OP.

6. Two Sandwiches

Andrew Luck's face.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sorry -- I don't really care. It's just a fad, but I don't have to touch their faces, and it just makes them look more anonymous and similar. Meh.

Funny (to me) side story. When I first started teaching college, oh these many years ago, I would show slides of all these great scientists from the late 19th century in certain courses, and a student asked, "Dr. B-Bob, why did all these guys have those long beards?"

I said, "It was just the fashion of the time." And then in deadpan, "The great scientists of your generation will have really large, ill-fitting pants." They furiously copied this into their notes. Little did I know what was coming: the return of beards and skinny jeans. Yikes.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Screw beards. You white boys get to have everything. White guy in a beard= hot girls thinking he's trendy, a model, or a manly man. Non white guys with beards instantly give girls terroristic fears.

I remember I used to love the undercut. When it became a trend and I saw so many girls saying every guy should have them, I went for it and as soon as I looked in the mirror I realized I didn't look like any of those model looking white guys, instead I've been conditioned my whole life to see myself as a savage who used to take white mans scalps.

Same thing with beards. Damn my hairy euro genes. Body and facial hair is worthless. My ancestors were already the future. Hairless bodies and no facial hair. I wonder as we all evolve if were going to shed our worthless body and facial hair and start to evolve darker to this region basically recreating the first nations all over again in image rather than genetics. That's kind of trippy. That or we become goobacks.

But anyway yeah man, **** you and **** beards.

9. Two Sandwiches

Now that you mentioned it, I've never seen a Native American with a beard. Or at least that I can recall....

B-bob, I know a chemistry professor that looks like one of the guys you're describing.:grin:

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]

Not a terrible bear IMO? :confused:

11. thejav

thejav Member

12. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

And now we know how it started.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm sick of looking at these quarterbacks that look like they don't even lift.

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't grow a beard so I don't even bother trying.

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

16. lean

lean Member

As a guy with a big thick beard and a man bun, I approve your hatred of me.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OP is probably over the dreadlocks look and has moved on.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

trendy folks trying to get laid.

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Or worrying about other men's facial hair

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I never really cared for dyeing hair goth black or with the goofy red streaks, tattoos stem to stern or piercings in every orifice; probably because as a black guy it's a slightly bigger gamble with my social and professional credibility, but if we got through the '90s with that crap we can probably handle a little extra facial hair nowadays.