1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm reduced to this

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Jan 2, 2009.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

so I am here watching the Jazz Lakers game during halftime of the ucla game and I can't help but admire as sad it seems....

the jazz despite a lack of talent executing their offense still and getting points from any one due to their execution

a point guard who simply creates the easiest shots for his teammates and not worried about getting his own shot up.

a lakers team who moves the ball well and playing some outstanding defense on the jazz getting in the pass lanes, blocking shots

a superstar who is playing as hard as he can despite his team being up by 20. one sequence he grabs a loose ball fakes out two jazz defenders and drives in for the dunk. another sequence he saves the ball from going out of bounds by dancing along the base line...after he saves it comes back in bounds and hits a corner 3.

i keep hoping that this rockets team can turn it around and start playing with EFFORT and INTENSITY but honestly right now we should have lost the last 6 games are are lucky that we are 21-13 and not 19-15. What makes me even sicker is that we probably will not make it past the first round if we make the playoffs this way.

and no i am not a bandwagon fan or anything its just I have never seen the team play without any life whatsoever. even with the injuries on most nights this rockets team has enough talent to win. I was more into games 3 seasons ago when the rockets fought through games with the likes of lonny baxter, john lucas, a rookie luther head, ryan bowen, juwan howard. they lost most of the games but they always competed hard no matter what and I had to respect that. Right now I have NO respect for this rockets team over their recent play. Heck even today as my boss left work he asked me who the rockets were playing and I said raptors and he said that should be a easy W and I told him no the way the rockets are playing right now they are gonna get blown out. I hated that I was right.

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I hate the Jazz, but you couldn't help but notice in our last game against them how well their offense moved no matter who was on the court.

3. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

The Lakers are so much more exciting to watch, they pass well, they share the ball, they have a legitimate scorer who plays hard on both ends, its beautiful to watch.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

If JVG was here we would have played with intensity and professionalism. He required nothing less than the best of each of his players.

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

poor yoyo... what a sad state of affairs when we are forced to watch the Lakers and Jazz to see good basketball.

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

There are about a dozen teams that play good basketball night in and night out. They don't always win, of course, but you can count of the effort and the soundness of play.

The Rockets DO NOT fall into that grouping.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Jerry Sloan would probably beat McGrady down if he played for Utah.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

lol he wouldn't be playing for Sloan... the old man would make the FO trade him

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

There is something admirable about Jerry Sloan. A guy can fall in love with his ways.

10. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

We have to be reduced to the fact that this Rocket team is not going to fall down to the depths of the 1982-83 Rockets. This is due to the fact that the current team already has more than 14 wins (21 as of now).