1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm proud of our gm Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 4, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do a bad job of googling . Tell me who is on that clutch city championship team and then tell me how they got there .

If you are a real rockets fan you know the man that did this is still in Texas and working

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's made mistakes before
    Like Royce , but he's gambling on talent . Same with Lin , but we all got suckered.

He still fights on and delivers with a Dwight Howard

3. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Can't we just root for the Rox without sounding queer?

4. i3artow i3aller

5. atwood

atwood Member

And they departed a few months later...

6. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

You are out of your mind, Les forced DM to get LIN............

7. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Gotta say.... What Mauree has done has been nothing short of spectacular... On the verge of getting a customized Morree jersey w tmacs old number ....
    Ftw. Lol at the days of Kmart being our "star"

8. Nivos

Nivos Member

Love what DM is doing in terms of contracts and being ahead of every other GM in using loop holes and plans ahead but I got to say I don't like the idea he seemed to over hype himself and put his ideas over the team best interest.
    It seems like he's trying to prove he is so much smarter than everyone else all the time and got stuck on this false look on how basketball should be played.
    Trying to prove that his experiment with the Vipers can work in the big league when it obvious that it just wrong basketball.
    It's good to criticize our front office, otherwise we will be no different than the stupid Lakers fans

9. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Wonder what your definition of mediocrity is? The jazz?

10. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Great=results

There are 3 types of fans here, LOF's, Morey minions & actual Rocket fans. I myself am a true Rocket fan. Been watching since the Mitchell Wiggins, Sleepy Floyd days. Some of you are more fascinated with defending Daryl Morey's legacy than the actual success of the team. If Morey stepped down tomorrow some of you'd instantly stop following the Rockets smh. It's hard to take this thread serious knowing how much blind faith you guys have in a GM who hasn't won anything. I'm only focused on results

1 person likes this.
  11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Typical Tinman now

2 lines of positivity, contrived

8 lines of negative backhanded insults of fans.

A stastistician like Morey would say that is very efficient work towards your intent.

Keep up the effective divisiveness

1 person likes this.
  12. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

After 2 big name signings we are still unable to make it out of first round? Although I blame this squarely on McHale, I think DM deserve some shlacking for keeping this yes man around.

1 person likes this.
  13. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

DM has done a tremendous job, given the circumstances. Has everyone forgotten about this guy named Yao Ming? I mean, can you even imagine how completely different the past several years would have been had Yao not gotten injured and forced into retirement just as he was entering his prime? Then, to add insult to injury, there was the whole TMac back debacle. The fact that DM was able to actually get some value out of shell-of-his-former-self-TMac at that time was pretty incredible. Next, you have Les telling Morey (from what I've gathered) that he doesn't want to tank and to rebuild the team while remaining competitive, which led to year-after-year 14th overall picks in the draft, and, lets face it, anything outside of the top 3 picks (and some year's not even that) is a crap shoot at best. Yet somehow, with nothing more than role-players and bargain 'assets', he's managed to net an all-star SG and arguably the best center in the NBA.

I think its also important to note that there has not been one Kelvin Cato/Matt Maloney type contract since DM's been running the show, with the closest example being Lin's 15M (8M cap hit), which he may very well score a 2nd round pick for - hardly what one would call immovable despite what espn would have you believe.

That said, he's not perfect, but at least he's trying while keeping his options open.

14. plee

plee Member

Agreed but even Lin's contract is only 3 years compared to Cato/Maloney's that seem to be forever...

15. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

It's not his fault. His meds make him manic depressive. He just tends to linger in the depressive end a lot...that's all.

16. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

All the unrepentant will face judgement. The only way for judgement to pass over you is through the grace of God, signified by acceptance of Christ.

1 person likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm proud to have Mauri as our GM, with the exception of his milk hair decision.

[​IMG]

18. deshen

deshen Member

heck, I am not.

19. Lin On Me

Lin On Me Member

DARYL MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. :grin:

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You sound exactly like the Muslims I teach. Except that they disagree about the Christ part, and they pray more than you do.