1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm proud of our gm Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 4, 2014.

1. atwood

atwood Member

DM is excellent in terms of evaluating talent and creating environment to develop young players. However, the organization doesn't do well in general and has been a mediocre team since DM joined. How many times this team made into the second round of playoff during the past two decades? Only once, right?

No doubt DM is a great manager, but he has to do more to prove that he is truly the one we can claim "In Morey We Trust." Better forging the team into a true contender soon before the owner starts to look for replacement.

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The Spurs have had 17 years of Tim Duncan, if Hakeem had played at his top level for 17 years the Rockets would thought of as the best organization and whomever as the great coach.

I really appreciate that I am so entertained in July with basketball; a lot of otherwise dead Summer hours spent in pure intrigue. (but I'l be fine next year if we are all set with a big 3, I'll read a book or something)

3. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

indeed he's the best, that's why mark cuban stole his right hand man.

4. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Your post makes no sense. Best we can do is TRY just like 29 other teams will TRY. Only 1 team will get LeBron and 1 will get Melo. In effect your post is a condemnation of literally almost every team in the NBA. Just complete non-sense. Oh and our incompetent coaching staff won 54 games, 4th in the west. 'Incompetent' would be a strong word for a coach of a team who even went .500 but no... you use it for a team who won 54 games (66% win rate on a team with the 2nd youngest roster in the NBA). More utter non-sense.

5. conquistador#11

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You light up my life.

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Huh???? Im not sure what your talking about

Blind praise like the one you're giving Morey is better suited for Caroll Dawson, a GM who actually got us out the 1st round. With all the shuffling Morey's done, the results don't match the praise you're giving him.

1 person likes this.
  8. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

Great post! But man I hate that sometimes I look on here and get offended at the Christian bashing. I'm not a LoF or anything like that. I think it was very immature what Lin did and am not trippin' about him leaving. It would be a good move.

But I think people get away with Christian bashing for more often that homosexual post or anything like that. Just once I would like to criticize Lin or any other Christian athlete without having to call out their faith. Man where are my fellow Christian clutchfans on here?

Sorry to derail the thread. No need for a response either. Great post again, tin man. Morey has done a lot for us and deserves some respect from everyone.

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

What year did Carroll Dawson become GM?

Stupid laker trolls.

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I'd be a pretty great GM if my ping pong ball fell on Olajuwon or Duncan.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That's my general manager /TOvoice

12. tomato

tomato Member

I'm very proud of him. He's a good boy, he ate all of his meat and most of his vegetables.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd wager DM's already here, and that might out him. Brother, does he deserve it though, because he's.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGtnHaEK66s

#53 Plowman, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  14. MaoKhan

MaoKhan Member

couldn't give DM props without trashing Lin? Lin's gotta go, but DM deserves the love without it being tarnished

15. Possum

Possum Member

Thanks Tinman for creating this thread so I can weed out a few more infidels to add to my ignore list like GoRox2013 and Hardensway. I can ignore a lot but if you are too ignorant to see what a great job Morey has done then you are a waste of my time.

16. qwertzy

qwertzy Member

with his draft picks, trades or fa signing we will probably wait for nba final next 20 years.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sBbBfrKsVqY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROCKET RIVER

18. tharges

tharges Member

Great guy, I met him again in front of TC when Melo was coming and he took pics with me.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Christian bashing? As I understand it, Christians think non-Christians are going to hell. That's about the most basic insult there is.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

never knew mediocrity to be something worth of praise.