1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm proud of our gm Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 4, 2014.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I can't believe the day has come. tinman has made a good post.

I like the message in this thread after seeing all the rubbish circulating lately.

2. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Lmao@OP. You know the backlash is coming if we strike out on all key superstars. So why not make a thread getting in front of it? Lol. You guys spent all season bragging Morey's "got something up his sleeve" this offseason. Still think that? The elite teams have made moves. We have yet to do anything but bring back our incompetent coach. Saying you're proud of Morey is like saying you're proud of coach Kevin Mchale for the wonderful job he did last season. Just stupid

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Best GM in the NBA! Go Rockets!...and happy 238th birthday, America!

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I am a huge morey fan. All the negative fans are just complaining because They think it is fun.

5. langal

langal Contributing Member

Need some clarification. I don't think McHale is a good coach.

Does that make me an LOF, Morey-hating, fake fan?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey deserves respect. He may not always make the right decisions, but no one can accuse him of not trying-- which is not something that can be said about every highly ranked member of this organization.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'll go you one further, Tinman. I'm proud of the whole Rockets organization!

I confess to trolling LOF's on occasion, but I still root for Lin to do well as a Rocket.

Unfortunately, so many fans love their idea of the Rockets organization rather than the actual living breathing members of the Rockets organization.

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I'm not, two of our biggest problems: coach and bench? What does Morey do: keep coach and chase that freaking third fake star we do not need and let the bench even get less by not keeping Trey Daniels..

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

10. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

there has been no moves so far besides lowry re-signing.

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I couldn't agree more.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

lol at lof thinking raps hawks kings are elite

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

In my heart, he wins Executive of the Year, every year!

:grin:

14. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Safe to say there are more Daryl Morey fans than Rocket fans here. Proud? I'll be proud when we finally make it out the 1st round. I'll be proud when our star player starts trying on defense. I'll be proud when we stop signing foreign trash like Casspi. If anything, this makes me proud of Carol Dawson for PROPERLY filling out the roster. Yes he made mistakes, but he got us 2 championships. What success has the Daryl Morey regime got us? A 2nd playoff under Rick Adelman? That's what your proud of? Lol, ok

1 person likes this.
  15. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

You have actually started 2 threads this week that I like and agreed with. I guess anyone can change. :p

Whatever DMorey accomplishes this off season, he has my support if for nothing else but the HOPE. No one is perfect, but he does the job better than ANY of us on here could.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You think carol Dawson created clutch city ?

Fail.

17. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

I love Daryl Morey. I used to be jealous of other team's GMs whenever Carrol Dawson made some less than fantastic trades and deals. Now I know every other team in the league wants our GM. But also, agreed that he can improve his people skills when it comes to treating current players. Regardless, thank you Lord for Daryl Morey! :)

18. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

u can keep hiding in da tin box and make ESPN, YAHOO, CBS... even the whole outside world Lin fans and proud of the Utilitarian GM, it's your freedom and that's part of why US is a great country.

19. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Whoa there OP. Let's not get too excited about DM as of yet. At the moment, we're all just excited about the superstar status of our starting lineup. Howard, I agree is a superstar, but even he can all of a sudden fall back. As of yet, this last playoff run was total fail. Since he's been here, we only had 4 playoff wins. Unless we get Lebron or Kd, this team isn't going far.

I'm still mesmerized how the spurs have done so well in the last 3 years. Sure, they lost to Okc 3 years ago, but remember they were sweeping people, winning 10 straight in the playoffs before losing to Okc.

And of course with Miami last year, you can see the spurs were the better team, if it were not for a gimme missed tip by Duncan, missed ft by Leonard and Parker, and a fluke shot by Allen, spurs were the better team last year, and this year they smashed them.

All this with an aging "big 3" against the young and spry miami's big 3. Also with Parker was like the last pick in the first round and ginobli was a second rounder. If anything, the spurs front office is what WE should be jealous of. I think pop and their gm is probably thinking, ok Houston you keep thinking your good, we'll let you sweep us in the regular season.

20. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.