1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm proud of our gm Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 4, 2014.

1. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I look at both ways, yes it sucks and if i did what morey did at my job i would prolly be fired. But, the positive way to look at it, is you bring the 25 year old parsons back and retool and move forward. Parsons is the best FA out there right now

2. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Morey just got f&arcked. Other GMs were sick of making him look like a genius.

Can't sign 'em all.

3. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Cross out all the big name FA's and stop thinking about them. We never had Melo or Bosh. They were never Rockets. The Rockets lost nothing!

at the end of the playoffs we were overpaying for a backup C and a back up PG. The biggest need then was getting rid of Asik disgruntled attitude and upgrading Lin. They are both gone. And not Morey can retool with the extra cash(on 2 year deals) and bring Parsons back

1 person likes this.
  4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He set up the perfect scenario. He was able to trade Asik's and Lin's contracts which very few believed he could. LBJ decided within the window when we had to decide about Parsons.

Can't blame him for how Bosh decided. It's life, not a video game.

I'm still proud of Morey. We have two superstars, and unloaded our baggage. Now time to shore up the bench and let Parsons go.

1 person likes this.
  5. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

this... still proud!

6. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

He got rid of Lin good off season... It's like Lebron stayed with the heat.. Deng Ariza just.as good as Parsons for cheaper get a stretch 4 a 3pt is a 3pt.. Anderson can rebound too eff it

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

YES, a voice of reason, 100%....we got rid of two huge contracts of backups and redundant pieces.

Yes, we are going to have to pay Parsons a bit more than some are comfortable, but that is what the market bares and it is a short contract so should not hinder us too much.

DD

8. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Exactly! There is a light at the end of the tunnel! Time to improve!

9. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

The irony of this thread

10. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

can't blame him for trying. He almost lined everything up perfectly, but there is only one Melo and one Bosh, and they are fickle.

11. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Lmao@Morey fans trying to save face. Chasing Bosh wasn't a need. It was a want. It was a gamble we didn't need to take, but Morey did and lost. He got greedy like I thought he would. Stop acting like stuff like happens all the time. We didn't need a 3rd star, we do not have LBJ

12. clos4life

clos4life Member

Bravo! Repped!

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I'm really proud of him too and the hysteria on the Garm is too much right now, he took a big shot and lost but the Rockets remain in a fantastic position too land a third superstar with all of the assets the Rockets currently possess (yes I'd match Parsons).

Think back to the Harden trade. Rockets have the exact same assets at the moment (a big time pick from NOLA, likely around where Jeremy Lamb was picked, a big contract that can match salary and be a productive player for a year or two (Parsons is better all-around, younger and healthier than Kevin Martin and plenty of young players, prospects too pick and choose from (Jones, Daniels, Anderson, Motiejunas, Capela, Canaan, Covington)

I'm certain tomorrow and till 10 pm Sunday he will make some moves that will have people at least realizing we aren't taking a step back and continuing too add pieces and put the team in better positions moving forward.

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Also, on Parsons contract. Look at the money GM's around the league are spending on role players that are arguably behind Parsons in evaluation. They have too know the salary cap will balloon to 80 mil in 2016. And they are getting a few million less in salary than Parsons will earn.

Teams are setting the market.

This has to be a very big time trade asset in a year or two when teams start clearing too chase Durant, Davis, Etc

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't care who is on our roster.... As long as Morey can get us to the WC finals of Finals even without real superstars like the old Pistons, I will be proud of him.

Results speak. For now I am ok with him being our GM, nothing more and nothing less.
    Just being ok.

17. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

actually I think harden was heading to china.

18. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Morey likes to gamble, we credit him for getting Howard and Harden then we shall also hold him responsible for this fiasco.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is only a fiasco if by the end of Howard's tenure all we could achieve was one second round.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what the hell? strip clubs don't correlate to on court performance, stop hating on them. Sam Cassell went to titty clubs, and he's won 3 rings and a playoff stud.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2771807

TORONTO -- Gary Payton, Sam Cassell and Jason Caffey were cleared of assaulting a male exotic dancer and his stripper fiance during a confrontation outside a downtown Toronto strip club in 2003.

Justice William Bassel ruled Monday that although Payton likely sparked a dispute with foul language and taunts, he is "not on trial for his vulgar ... and offensive conduct