1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm now a devoted T-Mac fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marsarinian, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

T-Mac, I must admit, I was never a big fan of you. I've always thought we should go Yao core. I always thought Yao was the best player on the team, not you. I thought you were a black hole on offense, I thought you couldn't mesh with Adelman...

And now, everybody's bashing you like crazy. People want to trade you for a bag of peanuts. Yet I am devoting myself to be a great T-Mac fan. I support you, Mac. It's not your fault. You are trying hard, but you cannot bench because of your shoulder, and cannot get a lift because of your knee. And your delicate back, that delicate back.

But I see it in you. All those who claim that you are not a competitor can go and root for the Jazz. You go out there and try to do everything you can for the team. It's not about the money, you earned that 20 million, you can throw away the team like Stephon, and yet you haven't. No matter the outcome, I appreciate your effort.

In the midst of the holiday spirit, God bless you, Tracy McGrady. Please put your health first for the benefit of the team. You have one fan that remains unfazed by all. Let's go T-Mac! Let's go Rockets!

2. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

thank you for posting this... i was gonna post something simular but you said it better than i could of said!

I AM a devoted Tmac fan as well... just wait and at the end of the year all of you tmac haters will eat crow.

Come on Tmac i have faith in you

3. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I can appreciate this. Someone has the balls to support a player that happens to not be playing his best right now. Everyone feels like bashing the guy right now. Even if there is a good reason to bash him (if there ever is a good reason)... I've always thought if you are a fan of the team, you should be a fan of all the players on the team as long as they show they want to be a part of the team.

Its not about how good he's playing, its about showing support and believing he will do well in the future.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good for you, I will continue to support the Rockets over any one player.

DD

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed,

Marbury and Tracy in the same sentence, hmm.......

6. matac3

matac3 Member

I too feel Tmac doesnt get enough of a fighting chance to prove himself to the fans. I too am a TMAC fan

7. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

ya I'm a big tmac fan. but I'm a bigger rockets fan. rockets above any other player..except maybe hakeem.. but that's it!!!

8. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I want to believe in Tmac, I REALLY do. But there comes a time when too long is just too long. How many seasons have we waited to advance past the first round? Tracy even said himself that this season was the first time he felt he had a good team, yet he's the one thats not doing his part.

We've waited, waited, and waited and have continued to be loyal, but there comes a point when waiting is no longer good enough. I am sorry, I have gotten to that point where I am tired of excuses and I just want to see results!

9. rocketshopeful

he has said that at the start of almost every season since hes been here.

10. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Agreed. It's been a frustrating last few years. Watching the extreme mood swings of the posters on the board is even moreso. Objectivity is a word unheard of in these parts.

11. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

hilarious pun on your name btw.

i'm willing to wait until after the all star break to make that judgment. but for now, there clearly an issue with TMac, whatever it is. what i'd like to see is him coming off the bench with limited minutes. and if he's off, RA should pull him... he obviously does well on the playoffs. that's enough not to make stupid trade treads. i think with artest, we'll advance this time.

12. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

Tmac forever I'm not a fan one moment and hater the next. For those that are dissin surgery you suck.

13. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

"I appreciate the love. I'm looking for something great happening in the city of Houston, and believe me, something great is going to happen."

- Tracy McGrady (2004 Trade Press Conference)

Should I still believe...I just don't know anymore...but I want to... :(

14. Ari

Ari Member

Hear hear! I will NEVER forget how front-runner, fair weathered Rockets 'fans' turned on the Dream when he was down. Houston does not deserve any superstar players at all, you guys are a bunch of second rate fans. Fortunately for you, you seem to luck out with gracious superstars (The Dream, Drexler and now Yao and T-Mac) who can tolerate your crap and take it in stride.

I am with you T-Mac, all the way. I know you desperately want to be healthy for the postseason, for the first time in your Rockets career. I understand what you are doing and that we have to sacrifice a bit now for the good of later. Tune out these fans, they will only come crawling back when you prove them wrong YET again.

Go T-Mac! Go Rockets!

Disclaimer: I am from Chicago, a REAL sports city, so I know second rate fans when I see them.

15. Eddie5ball

Eddie5ball Member

At the end of the day Tmac will just say "Look at the guys I had around me. I was expected to do all the scoring." He did it in Orlando, he did it here after losing to the Jazz. He wants help but at the end of the day he'll claim he didn't have the help. Now he is injured. Surprised? No. Oh well have to go through the hard times being a Rockets fan to truly enjoy the good times!

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Name me another star that stepped up in the playoffs besides Tmac?

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chicago fans don't criticize their players when they are slumping? I've heard boos raining down at Bears and Cubs games.

I will agree Chicago fans are loyal to their teams but don't pretend like Chicago fans don't bash their players when they don't play well.

18. LoveRoxHateJazz

Rafer Alston.

19. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

idk.... :rolleyes: or maybe :p

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

lol I Mike James was our second best player during the playoffs. Too bad after he left he was never the same.

Keep burning those incense Marsarinian! lol