1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Im done!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roc Paint, Sep 27, 2016.

1. jbasket

jbasket Member

You are always more than welcome to reach out to me Roc. I had messaged you my number near Christmas time last year on the BBS (apologize again we couldn't get together, was still in NYC!), but feel free to text or call me. I'll be there.

DudeWah likes this.
  2. chonox

chonox Member

3. the shark

the shark Member

Good to hear you're still with us Roc.

My suggestion, go up to MD Anderson and see what I've been watching for the past nine months, people (my mom included) fighting with every once of their soul to stay alive.

One day at a time my friend....one day at a time. You'll get through this storm.

However it doesn't matter if I think you'll get through it (or anybody else on here).

YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IT!!!!

Will continue to pray for you.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Life is tough sometimes. I give you that. I'll always feel that it's worth living though. I wish you the best.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

i'm still having a hard time believing how compassionate all of y'all have been towards my situation. my door did not close last night. Thank God! I know another one will open soon. I love all y'all

Batman Jones, ubigred, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I work with cancer patients every day, and let me tell you, the people I've met, fighting for their lives, bring out the absolute best in human nature.

You'll find grace and humor in those that you thought may not have ever had those qualities. You'll find CEOs interacting with a dirty old man that has been disabled for twenty years. You'll find people willing to connect with each other, with no boundaries. People who root for each other for no reason other than human kindness.

Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that Roc, I don't know you that well, but I know you like to give your time to others in the form of service. And in that sense, what @the shark has suggested here, in my opinion, could be a great thing. Great advice.

Talk to a counselor, and see what they think about this idea.

#126 Two Sandwiches, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    Rashmon, Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Go Roc! "how sweet it is" great to hear encouraging post in this thread + your wise words this evening bro.

For some reason was listening to songs on youtube this evening + this song is encouraging to me not sure if it is your taste.

#127 ron413, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I also would like to thank a few people. heypartner, mikol13, And the rest of the Clutch Community members who showed love and support... Not to mention all of the love and compassion y'all shared with me, and for that I'm grateful. (Clutch Fans)

" I get by with a little help from my friends "

ubigred, VooDooPope, Jontro and 6 others like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And the Rocks are going to shock the world and win it all this year, you don't want to miss that.

Led by Dmo of course ;) ok maybe not but they are still going to win it all !!!
    DD

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Wow, Im so happy to hear the news today...I had Roc on my mind all through the work day and I was worried about coming into this thread bc I didnt want to see any bad news/developments. Happy for you Roc...hope you can work through this and start your road to feeling 100%.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You know what man? I only just now saw this thread because I decided to check my news feed on this site. And the reason this thread showed on there is because you're one of only 4 members on this entire board that I "follow." Seriously. We've never met, but I could tell what a genuinely good person you were a while back and decided to follow you, which I never do. That should tell you something. You are loved, and we are here for you. I went through hell during a divorce years ago, and posted about it on this very site. I never thought I'd make it back but I did. You WILL get through this, and you have a ton of people that will be there for you any time of day. Feel free to contact me directly at any time if you'd like to talk.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I hope you are feeling better and send my best wishes.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hang in there, Roc Paint. The Rockets need every passionate fan they can get, and we'd like you to stick around.

14. ogretrunks

ogretrunks Member

Stay strong and all the best Roc.

15. the shark

the shark Member

Eddie, thank you for what you do (working with cancer patients), and you're right, there's AMAZING things going on over at MD Anderson. Everyone pulling for one another as they all understand what you're going through. During my mom's first surgery back in Feb it was beautiful to be able to watch families circling up and praying with one another.

Roc my mom's first surgery was twelve hrs long. Another family that I was talking to, their husband/brother/father had a surgery that day that was sixteen hrs long AND a few days later he needed another surgery that was going to be sixteen hrs as well.

I tell you this to say that there are people out there that are going through some extremely difficult situations, and what truly counts is that you don't quit......THAT YOU KEEP FIGHTING THROUGH!!!!

I went through an extremely difficult divorce over twenty yrs ago. My ex wife's mother unexpectedly passed away two months before we were to get married. Then her grandmother passed away, and it destroyed this woman. We were married, but every day for her was a trial as she went into major depression having lost her mom (they were extremely close). Got her into therapy, but 16 months later she just decided that she didn't want to be married anymore.

This killed me as this woman meant everything to me, and getting a divorce was THE last thing I wanted. However you can't make someone do something (in my case stay in the marriage). So that was that. Thought I'd never love someone that way again. Five years later I met my current wife, we've been with each other for 17 yrs, and we have two awesome kids.

As I said in a previous post, there's numerous chapters to our lives. If anything just stick around for the awesome chapters that are around the corner for you (and trust me Roc THERE WILL BE AWESOME THINGS COMING YOUR WAY). You just have to visualize it, and trust that not every day is going to be going through ****.

Not only does my mom have cancer, but my father (who's in his early 90's) is back in the hospital, and it looks like he doesn't have much time left. It's extremely tough dealing with two sick parents, and some days I just want to hit the eject button and say "F£¥K IT...I'M OUT OF HERE". However I know (and trust) that this is just part of life and I'll get through this and there's a lot of great things out there to experience.

I hope that today is a better day for you. Talk to people that love you. Don't bottle your feelings up. Get it out. One day at a time.

Now I'm off to MD Anderson again as my mom has another surgery at 6am.

God bless you Roc, and for everyone on here who's been pulling for you!!!

Yung-T and Two Sandwiches like this.
  16. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was at work all day thinking about Roc. Never met him, but saddened to know he wasn't in a great state of mind. When I checked his last checkin time it read 15 hours...i began to fear the worst. Like that scene from Apollo 13, when everyones waiting for the capsule to reenter. So much time passes and then the radio crackles and contact has been made. I was happy you gave life a chance Roc. Keep fighting and dont look back.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[​IMG] :)
    Good to have you back, sir.

Have you taken a look at your private messages? :confused:

p.s. I'm with you on the medication stuff. I believe it's crappy that you have some sort of mental thing, and the medication that is supposed to "cure you", has WORSE side effects. :mad: Yearrgghhhh.

18. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

When I'm feeling down, I watch this video and it always makes me feel better:

Genesis and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

theshark, best of luck with your parents. my mom has been on her "deathbed" so to speak for 4 years. She has serious emphysema from decades of smoking, was in a coma for a few weeks 3 years back, and has since had some cutting edge type procedures done that frankly did not help. So it's just a matter of time before her lungs give out for good. it's tough... nearly impossible as you say. It's good that your parents seem to have put in a long life - hopefully the end of it, be it short term or they have a good stretch of more time, is happy for them.

I've personally been suffering my first real major health issue in my life, starting in mid August, and it's done a complete mind-f on me to be honest. Not to the point of seriously considering suicide, but to the point of having those thoughts. And I've got no clue why - I mean, I'm not that guy, have never been that guy. The various meds I've been on I think have hurt in this regard as well. Their side effects, always listed as "rare", seem to be less rare when relied on heavily, or back to back, etc. The human body has to adjust to it, and mine is saying no thank you, and screw you for ingesting that med so I'm going to hit you with some depressive thoughts and other side effects type thing. So I stopped the meds, which has improved my psyche a bit and hopefully will more once the meds are fully out of my body (to clarify, the meds aren't "necessary", more just pain management which wasn't effective at that anyway). And then will still need to get past my health issue - we'll see.

Anyway, one day I'm sure I'll relay my story more fully on here, but not now.

I wanted to get it out there though for two reasons.

#1 - I now know fully that it is virtually impossible to understand the thought process of someone who is not having their normal thought processes, unless you've personally been through something similar yourself. Not a family member or friend has been through it... you've actually been through it. Regarding your ex-wife, absolutely you did your best. And at the same time, absolutely it wasn't fully in her control either. The depressive, nervous, anxious mind I now see is super powerful. The mind as a whole obviously, but you get my point. She couldn't help it and really needed and hopefully got professional help.

#2 - In spite of the comment above, even if one doesn't have a shared personal experience, as a human being you can empathize and be helpful, as I'm sure you were with your ex-wife, and as many on this thread have done for Roc. It's no use to say "they're crazy" or "give them some happy pills", etc. Love, support, empathy is what is needed.

So good luck Roc. When I say I've been there... I mean recently and completely understand. Even though the background is completely different (happy home life here!). Positive thoughts. Be grateful. Obviously, many are in much worse situations - doesn't diminish your pain and thoughts, but is worth considering as you soldier on. Happy to chat if you email me through the board. Cheers.