1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm Done with Uverse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Jul 10, 2009.

1. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Hey I don't have grounded power outlets where the tv's are. How much does that usually cost to have an electrician run those?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thanks for pointing that out. I just tried it and it worked. Awesome! Another reason to stay with U-Verse.

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Man that's going to be a feature I'm going to miss out on. Bye bye U-verse

4. rocket3forlife2

My u verse

The internet has been flawless.

The DVR is 2nd to none.

Never had a cable outage.

I don't know what's going on with yours.

5. BiGGieStuFF

I'm so angry now! I can't get DirecTV because my balcony is partially blocked to receive a HD signal. They say I can receive standard programming but who wants just that? Bleh! My complex won't allow dishes on the roof either since they changed to their new policy. It's like that so the roof doesn't get damaged. I've seen some units with a pole in the ground but they won't allow me to do that since I'm on the 2nd floor and the dish has to be close to the property.

I guess I'm stuck with crappy HD quality from U-verse.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It happens. I had nothing but great things to say about DirecTv until recently, and nothing but bad things to say about Cox. I've always hated AT&T, and their DSL service at two different houses has only made me realize more how awful they are for me, but I'm sure there are people who have never had problems with any of those services.

7. BiGGieStuFF

THere has got to be a way to get DirecTV in my place. I want a 2nd opinion on how I can position the satellite on my balcony. The techs said my rail is too wobbly and the weight of the dish is causing it to fall out of sight in order to get the HD signal. They say I can get standard programming though but HD is what I want.

8. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I recently switched to DirecTV, and it was a fiasco. The salesment told me I would pay $50 max for a special install, and the installer quoted me $250! I talked it down to $150, which was still triple what I expected. The installer had no interest in my salesman screw-job story because he's an independent retailer not affiliated with DirecTV and he wasn't turning on my service until he got paid.

The service is great, and I love the MLB Network, but I'm not sure it's been worth the hassle of sign-up.