1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm Done with Uverse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Prince

Prince Member

I'm one UNHAPPY uverse customer.

1. Video quality sucks. Used to be with Comcast and I can tell Comcast is a lot better in terms of video.

2. My box had been replaced 3 times.

3. Billing, not consistem with the ebillng. Many times they miss to send me an email and caused me to pay penalty.

4. Limited free video on demand for kids unlike comcast.

5. You have to manually setup HD. Evertime you boot up your box you have to to to Option/setup yada yada...

With Comcast, only their Customer service sucks so far. Twice I setup an appt with them, they showed up late. But other than that, they're ok.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've had it for 1-2 months now and have little glitches here and there, but nothing bad. It was worth it to get 18 mbit Internet service for $35-$40/month. I had TimeWarner for cable before and AT&T for DSL. The DSL was always solid. Probably 2 outages ever, and they didn't last long. Cable modem service in the Dallas area has issues and I really didn't want to go back to the cable modem world - too many outages and spotty service. I've posted my pros and cons in other Uverse threads, but my biggest issue is that their boxes have something wrong with them that makes them misbehave or crap out when using HDMI cables. When I switched to component cables, I haven't had those problems. I've never had DVR, so I'm hooked on it now, of course. lol. I'm not going back to TimeWarner anytime soon for anything anytime soon. I would've gone to DirecTV, but I didn't want to rely on the installer's ability to install the dish correctly so that my service wasn't going out when it rained.

3. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

There's something wrong with your setup if you're having to do this everytime. Considering how long it takes to boot up, if you're having to reboot your box everytime you're turning it on, you've got issues there. :eek:

Are you using HDMI cables?

5. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I just signed up. In addition to the 200 back they gave me another 100 off just because I chatted with the sales guy online!

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hate U-Verse. Worst cable company ever.

(Because I can't get it am stuck with comcast)

7. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

so what do you all like if Comcast, uverse and Satellite all suck>

8. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Got u-verse at my gf's place a little over a month ago, had issues with it from the beginning. First guy who installed it apparently screwed up, so 15 min after he left it went out. Someone came out the next day and did fix it though.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, to yesterday, I was home at lunch and noticed there was an ATT guy installing something for my neighbors, and my uverse went out. I went outside and told him my stuff was down now, he didnt really care, but pretended to check things. Told me he would call me when he was done if there was still a problem. Of course he didnt, i called ATT in the meantime and told them it was down, they said to wait until they were done with the neighbors but they would call me at 5, of course they didnt.

I get home and its still out, call and complain how neither people called me back yada yada yada. Eventually got like 100 bucks off.

Tech came out yesterday, says we are too far away from the main unit and the signal is weak, was surprised they even installed it. Every person I talk to gives me a different story. Everything is back up and running, but if it goes out one or two more times, we are going to switch.

I love dish network and had good experiences with direct tv as well.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I am done with the _I'm Done with Uverse_ thread.

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

So am I the only one left with Comcast?

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Get a new hobby.

12. Prince

Prince Member

i use hdmi.

what i meant by boot up is when you unplug AC and put it back on, not with the power button.

in other words it doesn't automatically detect my tv's resoluion. i have to manually set it up. Comcast was plug n play.

maybe i need a new box...

13. Prince

Prince Member

You're one lucky man.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That happens to mine every once in a while. Got it a couple weeks ago and have had to manually set 1080 about 4 times.

15. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Why are you unplugging the A/C power all the time?

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm cornfused. Why are you unplugging your box that often? I think on mine I have to tell it to use 720p/1080i as well, but then I'm not always unplugging the thing. lol. :)

17. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I've had my U-verse connection drop perhaps three in the past year since I had their service, and one of those times was during Hurricane Ike. The other times it was back online within 10 minutes each time.

Yeah... still not missing Comcast. Not even a little bit. U-verse is too sexy.

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Looks like U-verse updated the appearance of their guide. I wonder what else changed.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think my guide updated a week ago or something. They also added the ability to delete and record from receivers that aren't your DVR.

20. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I think they made a few updates and now you are able to manage all your recordings from any receiver.

Was really annoying when I was upstairs and wanted to tell it to record something and it would tell me I had to do it from downstairs. Now it works from everywhere. Can't imagine a good reason why it wasn't that way in the first place.