1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm Done with Uverse

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MadMax, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Constant outages, technicians out MANY times. Will work right for a few days after a tech visits, but then starts screwing up again.

2. Nero

Nero Member

The only issues I have had with mine has been the wireless router. Solved it by simply going cat-5 to each device that needs it to stay solid. But really, that is kind of the nature of wireless in general I think.

I had DirecTV for years, switched to DISH when Hughes' prices just kept going up and up, and finally have settled on UVerse. Of the three, UVerse is without question the best and most complete package, and their customer services makes the other two into pure embarrassments. No, there is no NBA TV, and no MLB, but I could probably count on about 2 fingers the total number of times I ever watched those before, so I just don't care.

Have had UVerse since May of last year, and I have never had any of the problems the people are describing. In fact, every six months or so, when I call them about adding or changing some service, they always go out of their way to give me faster internet for less $, and add more channels while either not raising the price, of even finding special deals that give me more for less dough. Try THAT with DISH or DirecTV.

Anyway, shrug, if you have problems with yours, and they can't fix it, by all means, switch. But the general consensus is overwhelmingly positive for UVerse.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

You are really just moving from one AT&T service to another. My internet with AT&T has had problems ever since they took over for Bellsouth. It never works. Now my DirecTv quits working around 11pm, and doesn't start working again until noon. Then I call DirecTv, and they answer AT&T DirecTv support. :eek:

I'm switching all over to Cable when my contract runs up in March. I don't know why I bother though, AT&T will just start buying Cox. :(

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yeah..that's me. my wife has been telling me for months that she doesn't like it....i've been the one holding out, hoping it would be fixed. i really do like the total home DVR deal.....

but it's not worth it with as many outages as we've had. the people over the phone are clueless....they walk you through unplugging the box (which i could probably handle on my own)...anything past that, they're sending out a tech.

we had one time where it went out...and the soonest a tech could come out was 3 days later...we were 3 days without the service waiting for them to show up.

5. MadMax

i'm not telling you to switch. :D

6. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Well MadMax, I had my problems with Directv also. They ran a credit check and wanted to charge me $300 on top of my first months dues. I balked a little and then said screw it, the picture is awesome. The guy comes out to install my dish so I can get the service and he says my apartment is on the wrong side of the signal so he has to install a $200 setup for my satellite to receive signal. So basically, I had to pay $500 plus my first months bill. :eek: Nope. The ironic part is my 2nd floor neighbor who is on the same side of me got directv with a dish installed facing the correct direction at no extra charge. I was on the 3rd floor by the way.....

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

MadMax, I've never had Uverse but I have had DirecTV for a little over 2 years now and I just upgraded to the HD package. I must say, that the selection and price that DirecTV offers is nearly unbeatable in my area and I am not sure why anybody would pay for cable except maybe the Internet. I am extremely happy with DirecTV. My only beef is that I cannot get locals but I get a waiver because of that and I get NY locals filtered in for no charge.

8. MadMax

i've had dish and direct tv before...i've NEVER had connection problems like this.

AT&T does not own DirectTV. You are free to use other providers and service groups than AT&T to install and service DirectTV.

9. MadMax

i'm certain they're going to run a credit check

i've had a dish on my home before...in fact, they'll have to remove it to put the new one on....it's worked fine.

10. juicystream

Never pay for satellite installation. Threaten to back out and they would cave. What I don't understand is why I have one dish on my roof, and one huge one on a pole, when I used to have two small ones on my roof that weren't an eyesore at my old house, and I'm the only house in my new neighborhood that gets stuck with a pole.

11. juicystream

DirecTv sends whoever they want to your house. Its amazing to me because I've been amazingly happy with DirecTv for the 2 & a half years, and this started happening within the past month. And it is both my satellites that aren't working. The video is never even choppy like it used to be in really bad weather. Its either perfect or completely gone. It is like they cut my service off.

Liberty Media has a controlling interest in DirecTv, and Liberty Media is part of AT&T. Thus AT&T controls DirecTV. This happened last year.

12. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I've had major issues as you indicated and lost activity for a full week. It was brutal. I asked them to rewire the whole house the first day they came out. They didn't.

A week later, they took my advice. It was poor coax in the house that was the problem. Worked like a charm ever since. Plus they gave me a huge credit for all the trouble.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow, Uverse sounds awesome!
    does it have NBATV?

14. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

What do you have tinman?

15. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Loves my UVerse. No problems whatsoever.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm stuck with time warner. i could get satellite but it's a major pain because of my condo association.

if i move to a new place, i definitely would get Directv cause they have sunday package and everyone i know loves it.

i heard good things about uverse though.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i cannot believe madmax has the audacity to complain about uverse. up yours max and delete me from your phone. good day.

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm curious why you ever switched from DirecTV in the first place? The picture quality can't be beat. My parents have UVerse and their HD channels look like SD compared to mine.

Also w/ DirecTV, remember to always ask for free stuff. I've gotten 2 free HD-DVR's and the NFL Sunday Ticket for free the last 2 seasons simply by asking. My only complaint with DirecTV is their installers. There have been multiple instances where they cancel on me after I wait around the house all day. Every time I've used that as an opportunity to get more free crap, so it's not that bad.

19. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

who do you ask? Their customer service?

20. updawg

updawg Member

Directv = NFL Sunday League Pass. Better HD

Thats where its at.

Get their annual new customer deal and get the league pass. They usually have somethign every summer.