1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm blown away

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

It isn't about who's better -- that's Lawson and it isn't close. It's about the fact that the premise of the acquisition is and always has been Lawson and Harden playing together.

2. malakas

malakas Member

lol you are pathetic dude. Always quoting me and offending me. And when you receive an answer to your pathetic arguments you are nowhere to be found like the last two times i has happened this week.
    No you are the one who doens't know crap about basketball. Start watching it and pay some attention instead of going around forums trying to smh offend people by calling them girls. Ok buddy?
    A starter doesn't matter so much it's who finishes the games taht matters and that lineup is disastrous because it has almost no shooting and no playmaking.
    Go back to bball school.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Honestly I think they both would be good options... But I think they will start Lawson.

But don't be surprised if they don't, McHale loves Pat and has shown he will play him. Either way we are stacked at PG and this should be fun.

4. HookemHorns1250

I don't believe the argument for starting Beverley over Lawson is "Insane." Do I think Lawson should start? Yes.

However as others have pointed out, you could make the solid argument that Ty could be more valuable coming off the bench, seeing as we wouldn't have many scoring options or a single offensive creater, outside of D-Mo if we choose to not start him which I believe he shouldn't start because of his ability to score in a bench line up that desperately needs a play maker while Harden rests.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lawson is the starter. No question.

Lawson should be playing nearly 40 minutes a night. He is that much better than Pat...

6. the shark

the shark Member

"Blown away"?

What really matters is who's on the court at crunch time. Especially during the playoffs.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

It's only 6:50am. I'm not allowed to gove hot sports takes until after lunch.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I'll have my take on this matter after I talk to Plowman.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Really looking forward to this

10. the shark

the shark Member

Let me also say that Lawson will be the pt guard at crunch time.

Love having PBev as well (along with Jet) as we're going to need all three of them over a long season.

11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

There is a cool kids sarcasm here that I'm not following since I've been out of GARM most this offseason. Can someone meet me at the snack bar and explain it to me?

12. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Starting lineup Isn't about the best offensive player at every position. It is about the best unit. If Beverly can compliment the others and give us a better balance on both ends of the floor, then why not? It's not saying he's better than Lawson, just saying that the 5 player unit is more rounded.

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Who in his or her right mind would start Bev?

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I have detailed numbers and excel graphs with deep statistical analysis (JCDenton like) showing who will start and you'll be blown away but I'll hold that off until later. Just waiting for the thread to get going.....

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lawson will be the starter, as he should be.

Why would you start the game against the other team's best five with the same disadvantage we had last year? We were a mediocre offensive team last year because Harden was the only one who could create. Why continue to put ourselves in that position?

Stagger Harden and Lawson's minutes. Play Lawson and Bev together in the 2nd unit.

The added dimension Lawson brings to the starting lineup is what we have been missing. All of the starters benefit from having Lawson on the floor.

16. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

Champagne Problems

[​IMG]

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

"Im Blown Away" that the idea of who starts and who comes off the bench means anything in this scenario.

Is Lawson the better player... of course.

Will the bench unit struggle to score with Harden and Lawson on the bench.... IMO yes.

So what that means is it's probably going to be important to stagger Harden and Lawson's minutes in order to ensure that the team doesn't take their foot off the gas when the starters are out, and can actually turn a weakness into a strength. Personally, I think McHale will first try to start Lawson, and then take him out early to bring him back when Harden goes to the bench. Hopefully that puts us in situations where Harden can rest longer.

But if the rotations are just too not getting a great rhythm than I wouldn't be surprised at all if McHale moves Lawson to the bench even though I know he's going to have a bigger role to play than Beverley.

1 person likes this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It will take a few weeks or even months for Lawson and Harden to learn how to play off each other best. But once they do, our offense will improve significantly. Our ceiling with Lawson starting with Harden is much higher.

19. Cranberry_Juice

Bev only fans starting to show up now. I wonder if they will be revered as LOF's.

20. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Bev might literally be in trouble with even getting backup minutes, let alone starting....if he doesn't get his defense up to the level it was 2 seasons ago. It wasn't great last season(maybe due to injury/fatigue or whatever), and it hasn't been good this preseason to me. If Jet has his stroke working, or someone else steps up, Bev could end up being relegated to spot special circumstance minutes and only getting about 10 or less per game.

So no, Lawson will start and probably play in excess of 35 minutes per game if healthy. Bev will have to shoot better than 40% on 3s to deserve more than 12 minutes per game. And I like Bev a lot, but these are just the facts as I see them on the court currently.