1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm 25 and the Rocket just gave me the best season since I was 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CCorn, May 27, 2015.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Thanks for this post. Nice to see something positive.

Rocket River likes this.
  2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'm 22 years old. Pajama unis are as far back as I can remember, but even then I loved this team... We will only be better next year, we have a young star who is still devioping into a leader. My dad, who is 52 and has been a Rockets fan his whole life, told me today that he believes James Harden will go down as the greatest Rocket of all time. While I'm not sure I agree, as long as that potential exists we will have a chance to win a title.

Clutch Mother Freaking City

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

Read my mind. Agreed. There was some magic around it: I will have some withdrawal symptoms, no doubt about it, ha.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great post, and nice thread. These Rockets came back and when it looked lack they didn't have enough heart, they showed they were legitimately clutch! With all they went through in the regular season and to come so close in the playoffs should really help to give the team experience and maturity.

Way to go Rockets. I'm really proud of this team.

5. Badrose

Badrose Member

I'm 47 and they just did what I expected for this season in terms of results, much less in terms of effort, heart, passion.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We were 3 years away from OKC when we faced them in the playoffs. We made it to the conference finals. If anything, we finally caught up to OKC a year earlier than expected. A lot of that is getting lost in the let down. This team did an amazing job this year, and props to the OP to recognize that. This was an amazing season.

7. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I finally feel satisfied after a season because they put in tremendous effort and got to the freaking western conference finals!

Everything else takes a backseat for now.

I'm really happy to see improvement year after year to a really substantial result

It's great that they are so close to winning that Championship trophy

I hope to see even more talent and even more effort next year

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Good for you young folks. I am old enough to remember the '81 and '86 runs. Those were more satisfying because we beat the heck out of the might Lakers to reach the Finals when no one thought we could.

The '86 squad could have been a dynasty if Sampson didn't get injured and cocaine didn't ruin our back court.

9. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

best season I've experience since I started follow the Rockets and that was in 2001

10. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

[​IMG]

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed
    I don't feel defeated or beaten

Rocket River

12. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

I feel the exact same boys.. hell of a job that is going to get overlooked, even because of the turnover stat

13. TheresTheDagger

I'm grateful for the season we had, but bummed for our young fans thinking this is the best season they've ever had to experience.

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

I wish the season ended at the Clippers series to be honest. That GS series was frustrating for so many reasons and I was pissed last night; but I think that's because I lacked the perspective. How many times have we seen Rockets teams do what they did in this series (lose in two blowouts, blow close games)- but in the first round?

15. Jiramisu

Jiramisu Member

Not to derail the thread, but this actually makes me sadder than comforted. I'd rather us gave it our all and still fall short. Sometimes (often times), team A is just better than team B and I can take solace knowing that all our players put everything out there and showed heart and fight the whole way through. It's what made watching the Scola/Lowry/Landry years so much fun.

Instead, now I'm just left with a bunch of what if's. Here's to hoping for some more maturity going into next year though; I'm still very confident in my team and enjoyed the hell out of this season.

16. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Yeah same here. I'm 23 and do not remember the championship years at all. This has been the best season during my life.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Bump.

28 now and I just watched our team get damn close to beating an all time great team. If it wasn’t for an injury to our second best player (and one of our best bench players) and a 20 million a year player forgetting how to play who knows what happens.

Thank you Harden for coming to Houston and changing my expectations from fighting for a playoff spot to competing for a championship.

Thank you Morey for always finding ways to improve our roster. I have no doubt you will put something together that gives us an even better chance next season.

#RedNation

18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Real fans. What a concept.

Rocket River likes this.
  19. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Damn, now I feel old.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We will see you again in a thread like this when you are 44.

Lawlruschang and RKREBORN like this.