1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'll save you the trouble regarding Lin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I'll cover all bases.

LOF: Hopefully McFail lets Jlin run the point and show true linsanity, I have no idea why Jimmy Harden gets to run show he's just a selfish chucker. I think if JLin can play true PG then he become top 5, average 25/12, we all saw his chasedown on Derrick Rose, frankly I rather have Lin over Derrick Rose. If only Jimmy Harden play nice and fair then JLin can go linsane in Houston :p:p . If we trade Lin then Patrice Beverley will foul out in 3 minutes of game time! :mad::mad::mad: McFail only have two plays now, ISO JIMMY HARDRON and ISO DWERT HERPWERD, I wish he'd ISO JLIN :(

LOH/ABJ: Wow what the fk are we doing overpaying this overhyped, nothinbutacashcow PG? Two injury affected playoffs in a row? Wow can't perform under pressure. Just a wittle bruise wah wah. I recovered from my pinkie contusion in TWO WEEKS, seriously can we get Raymond Felton? Please fanboys stop nuthugging your god/idol/ethereal being, how dare you support a player based on race who the fk really does that? Can we please trade Lin for a muffin bar? Canaan is the Mario Chamlers (G.O.A.T) of this world. Look honestly, Beverley showed in 3 playoffs games that he's ready to be the starter. Wait, don't you even talk about Linsanity, that was only like 20 games or something lol stupid Lin fanboys

The logical Rockets Fan: Well it's Lin's first year as a starter, he was still recovering from knee surgery at the beginning of the season and he showed nice progress with his overall game and jumper as the season progressed. Hey he even averaged good numbers after all-star break, if he can translate to next season he's worth that 8m contract, which frankly is the going average for an average NBA pg. He looked like a deer in the headlights in playoffs though, but it was a pity about his injury. Yeah he's got flaws in his game, but so do most young players, I've got no doubt he'll work hard, hopefully he can kick on next season. If Daryl decides to trade him for more capspace, or move him for another PG then fine, I wish him all the best on his new team.

I think this sums up everyones opinions rather succinctly, now can we just be happy we got Dwight Freaking Howard!?. Trade or no trades leading into the season, I'm very excited about next season. And if Lin is part of it as our PG, then great, because he's shown some potential to be a good player and theres NO REASON to think his jumpshot/overall game won't improve.

If we trade him, then it'll be for an cheaper PG alternative most likely, which will free up some more capspace for Morey, but this is unlikely IMO. Beverley is a fantastic player but I like him in that backup role where he can be ultra agressive defensively, but I'd like for him to look for his own shot more.

Just stop bickering/squabbling over Lin. It must get really tiring.

/ROCKETSCHAMPIONSHIP2013/14

7 people like this.
  2. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Great post hope it works.

3. jackycool

jackycool Member

It wont. But the attempt is noble albeit futile.

4. lidderer

lidderer Member

I think you might be missing out an a large chunk of the reason why people like going to messageboards. Caterwauling is like 70% of the reason these things exist and flourish. I agree with you, but c'mon: adjust.

5. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

Are you for real? You are making too much sense.

1 person likes this.
  6. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Cant wait to see G.Smith/Howard getting some Lobs from Lin/Harden

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Okay lets just argue the same thing over and over and over and over and over then.

8. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Boo! What are we going to do the next 12 months??? :mad:

9. monster

monster Member

Give Lin at least 1/2 a season to show if he fits. If a deal comes up that's too good to pass up then fine, but he's young. We're young. Bright future for the Rox either way.

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

"Caterwauling?"

I hadn't seen or heard that word since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

11. conquistador#11

this is not going to end well. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. lidderer

lidderer Member

you mighta missed the 'i agree' part of my post. It is what it is. I'm suggesting he just tune it out and deal with the posters or content that isn't just partisan posturing

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I fall in the logical category. I actually enjoyed watching his growth. I would love to see him stick around and watch him grow more but if Morey lets him go then I'll wish him the best. I definitely trust Morey with point guards. Randomly selects Brooks, an undersized guard. Turns Skip into Lowry. Aaron Brooks into Dragic. Signs Lin to a unique contract. Finds Beverly in Mother Russia. Drafts an under the radar Canaan who I believe will be huge in the future wherever his future may lay.

14. ERC

ERC Member

Good summary, albeit likely futile. Good job good effort.

15. lidderer

lidderer Member

the small glories of a useless english BA!

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

$8 million is not average for an average PG.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Can't remember, someone posted that basically most players are overpaid apart from superstars/rookie contracts. Given the poison pill offer/prospet of courtney fortson, Lins contract is obviously inflated, he should he around the $6m per year mark. But if you look at what most decent PG's have been paid, its not THAT far off considering the circumstances when Daryl made the offer.

18. chocolatebear

chocolatebear Member

I googled average salary for average point guard, and the first article that pops up is about jeremy lin.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/48033/jeremy-lins-contract-in-perspective

1 person likes this.
  19. bballjunkie281

I read that book twice (or maybe three times, not sure...) and I don't even remember that word...

20. kvnzhangyay

kvnzhangyay Member